How Long Can I Freeze Frozen Buttercream Transfer?

Decorating By jennycjenkins Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 2:35pm by dpaulson512

jennycjenkins Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 5

I keep seeing that FBCT's should be frozen for an hour or so... but can I freeze it longer? Like overnight? Would that do anything funky to it? I have 2 cakes due at the same time on Sunday, so it would help if I could do the FBCT the day before... Thanks!

4 replies
TeriO Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 5

I have left mine in the freezer over night before and it came out just fine. actually it came out better.

Spills Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 5

I've done the same. The more frozen it is, the better it is to work with. Just wish I planned my cakes enough ahead of time to wait more than an hour thumbs_up.gif

jennycjenkins Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 5

Fantastic - thanks for your quick replies!

(As for the planning ahead, I like that part just as much, so I start planning for a cake as soon as someone asks me for one! Of course, cake decorating isn't my "actual" job (I wish!), but it's much more fun than engineering... so I really look forward to doing the cakes that I do.)

dpaulson512 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 5

I want to do some FBCTs for a skateboard pipe cake that I am making for a friend. I was thinking I could make the various skateboard logos and place them on the sides of the cake using FBCT...is it a good idea to place these vertically...or will in time they fall?

Thanks for any help.

Dawn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%