Curious George Cake Help, Please

Decorating By awturner Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 12:04am by Cre8iveSue

awturner Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 2

I'm planning to do a Curious George cake for my daughter's birthday next weekend. My idea is to have George (the size of the stuffed animal) sitting on the base hugging a round layered cake. I did a test with rice crispy treats, thinking I could mold the George with them, however they fell apart when I tried to stand it all up.

Someone else suggested I stack round layers as high as I want George and then just "carve" them to his shape.

Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions for me? This will be my first upright cake. I've done many that are flat, but none that "stand."

Thanks!

1 reply
Cre8iveSue Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 12:04am
post #2 of 2

You could use the teddy bear cake pan. It wouldn't take many alterantions. I made a small curious george cake and carved it freehand. If you are into carving you can try that. For the arms I wouldn't worry about carving them. Just pipe the outline of the arms on the round cake he is hugging. When you fill them in with icing or star tip, you can just make them a little thicker than the round cake icing to give some dimension. Hope it makes sense and if it does, I hope it helps icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%