Taking Pictures

Decorating By GL79 Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 5:59pm by GL79

GL79  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GL79 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 4

How do you do it? I've seen a lot of good pictures of cakes and mine don't come out that good. I use a Kodak, it's 8 megapixels and 10x optical zoom. Is it just me that I don't know how to use it? or do you have a professional camera?

3 replies
 Texas_Rose  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 4

That's what I'm using too..a Kodak camera, 8.1 mp and 12x zoom, so really not much difference. Before that I was taking pictures with my cell phone, so the camera feels like a huge improvement. My husband takes better pictures than I do, but I've figured out that I can take a decent picture if I brace my arm on something so the camera doesn't wiggle...don't know why, I can shoot a gun without it wiggling but I can't shoot a picture without it wiggling. I've even thought about getting one of those little tripods.

I think what makes a big difference is editing the picture a little bit once it's on the computer...I'm not saying to totally airbrush the thing icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif just brighten up the colors and then remove a little bit of the noise from it.

Texas_Rose  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 4

Here's an example for you. The first is your cake photo, unedited. The second is the same photo, edited with Paint Shop Pro.

GL79  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GL79 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 4

Oh wow, it does make a difference.
Thanks so much Texas_Rose for taking your time in editing the pic. I thouhgt people would just take the pic upload and post. this really helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%