Taking Pictures

Decorating By GL79 Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 5:59pm by GL79

GL79 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 4

How do you do it? I've seen a lot of good pictures of cakes and mine don't come out that good. I use a Kodak, it's 8 megapixels and 10x optical zoom. Is it just me that I don't know how to use it? or do you have a professional camera?

3 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 4

That's what I'm using too..a Kodak camera, 8.1 mp and 12x zoom, so really not much difference. Before that I was taking pictures with my cell phone, so the camera feels like a huge improvement. My husband takes better pictures than I do, but I've figured out that I can take a decent picture if I brace my arm on something so the camera doesn't wiggle...don't know why, I can shoot a gun without it wiggling but I can't shoot a picture without it wiggling. I've even thought about getting one of those little tripods.

I think what makes a big difference is editing the picture a little bit once it's on the computer...I'm not saying to totally airbrush the thing icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif just brighten up the colors and then remove a little bit of the noise from it.

Texas_Rose Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 4

Here's an example for you. The first is your cake photo, unedited. The second is the same photo, edited with Paint Shop Pro.

GL79 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 4

Oh wow, it does make a difference.
Thanks so much Texas_Rose for taking your time in editing the pic. I thouhgt people would just take the pic upload and post. this really helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%