First Wedding Saturday... Need Help!

Decorating By lovejoywisdomfaith Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 2:16am by lovejoywisdomfaith

lovejoywisdomfaith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovejoywisdomfaith Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a 6", 8" and 10" round cake in column pillar style. It's fondant with a lot of pearl work including pearls hanging from the top.

My question is how do I store it? It needs to be delivered by 4pm Saturday. I've heard you can refrigerate fondant covered cakes, but I'm worried the condensation will make the pearls fall off. Should I just make the cakes the night before and keep them room temp over night? There is raspberry filling in the 6", but the rest is non-perishable buttercream.

I was also thinking that I could refrigerate the cakes before the fondant and then bring them to room temp to decorate. I heard this makes the cakes stale though.

Also, any tips on keeping the pearls on??

TYIA!!!
LL

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 3:20pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoywisdomfaith

My question is how do I store it? It needs to be delivered by 4pm Saturday. I've heard you can refrigerate fondant covered cakes, but I'm worried the condensation will make the pearls fall off. Should I just make the cakes the night before and keep them room temp over night? There is raspberry filling in the 6", but the rest is non-perishable buttercream. ..

If some of the filling needs to be refrigerated you have no choice but to keep it chilled.

lovejoywisdomfaith Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 5

Any ideas about the other cakes that do not have raspberry filling? Or attaching pearls??

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 12:24am
post #4 of 5

What raspberry filling recipe are you using? There are some that do not require refrigeration, I would go with that and then you won't have to worry about it.

Also some fondant can be refrigerated without a problem, Satin Ice is one of them that can be refrigerated.

Unless you live in a very hot and humid area I wouldn't refrigerate, but I would use a raspberry filling that doesn't require refrigeration.

lovejoywisdomfaith Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:16am
post #5 of 5

It's a filling from scratch. boiled and strained raspberries with sugar and wondera flour. Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%