Ck Poured Fondant Mix

Decorating By kickasscakes Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 4:56am by kickasscakes

kickasscakes Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 8

Wondering if anyone has used it, and if so how they liked it. I have a bag sitting in my supply cupboard, never worked with it before, and thought it might be time to try it out.

I have no idea where to start though... Anyone have any instructions on how to use this mystery mix?

7 replies
kickasscakes Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 8

Does anyone know?

Uniqueask Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 8

I don't have an answer for you, but I was wondering the same thing, since i order from CK a lot.

kickasscakes Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 8

ok, well let's see what answers we get icon_smile.gif

brincess_b Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 5:47pm
post #5 of 8

i havent used that brand, but pouring fondant is cool! great for the tops of cupcakes and petit fours.
the one i used you just added water to get it to the right consistancy. (i think if you used a tiny bit you would have normal roll out fondant, but i didnt really read the box enough to remember...)

cylstrial Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:45pm
post #6 of 8

The bottom front of the bag has the instructions on it. I've never used it either - it's sitting in my cupboard just like yours. But I know the directions are there - and I'm pretty sure that you just add water as well.

kickasscakes Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 1:01am
post #7 of 8

but it says to knead it....How much water should I add? Anyone?

kickasscakes Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 4:56am
post #8 of 8

ok, took the plunge!

Used the bag instructions, added about a quarter cup water to give the soupy consistency. Heated it to 97 degrees F, and tinted and dipped my cupcakes.

My opinion: Save your money. The poured fondant is translucent, meaning you can see the cupcake through it, and grainy, like sugar in consistency. Gritty kinda. Not sure if another dunk will work, to darken the colors up, might try that after it sets... but not pretty so far.

Quote by @%username% on %date%