Licensing Question

Business By Cakelover7707 Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 4:03pm by Cakelover7707

Cakelover7707 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 4

Hey every one! um, I am new to this whole Cake World, and I wont be starting a business for a few more years, but I am headed in that direction. I have a question as far as licensing in PA. Do I need to have the really expensive steel kitchen equipment to meet food service requierments?

3 replies
-K8memphis Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 4

Not necessarily--and tables & stuff is not that expensive. I mean if you get 2nd hand you don't have to worry about the expense as much as the legalities which are specific to each individual location.

For example, you may be in a perfectly free area to do cakes but maybe you live where there's a home owner's association --or maybe 10,000 other variables--so you really need to contact your local authorities, the code boys, the health department, places like that.

leah_s Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 4

I don't, but I'm not in PA, either. You'll need to contact your local Health Department or Dept of Ag to get a copy of the Food Service regulations for your state. Then you'll need to contact your local city folks to make sure they have the same regs.

Cakelover7707 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 4

K! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%