I Need Help To Make 50 A Figure Birthday Cake.

Decorating By olubukola Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 11:44am by scoutmamma

olubukola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olubukola Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 7:02am
post #1 of 6

the celebrant is a teacher and it is the daughter that wants to make the cake for her,she wants to make 5 and 0 iced togeter to make 50 pls i need a picture or an explanation from any body that has made something like this before i want the to be unique any ideal plssssssssssss.

5 replies
superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:45am
post #2 of 6

Have a look at superstar2 photos, she did a fabulous 50.

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 10:25am
post #3 of 6

Easy easy. Just cut two 1/4 or 1/8 sheet cakes into the numbers. Trace the numbers in icing first so you know where to cut. If you dont like how your numbers look you can scrape the icing and keep drawing it until you like the shape. Trim as little cake as possible. For your zero, I wouldnt cut the center out only because it will be VERY difficult to ice inside that hole. When I do zero's I usually just fill in the center with a complimenting color. When your numbers are done you can place them next to each other on your cake board. I like to refriderate or slightly freeze them first so its easier to move the cake without damaging it.

eilers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilers Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 11:04am
post #4 of 6

I'd love to know the answer too, as I have just done a '5' '0' wedding anniversary cake, and it nearly killed me trying to get the fondant into the inside edges of the '5'. Didn't look too bad - but not too good either!
Here's the picture (please don't cringe!) - they wanted it all gold too!

Any tips for attaching fondant on tricky numbers very welcome.

Good luck with your '5' '0'!
LL

Bunsen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoutmamma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoutmamma Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 11:44am
post #6 of 6

TY Bunsen... that is a great tool to have~!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%