E-Books

Decorating By beehivebaby Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 7:25pm by kentuckyjode

beehivebaby Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 1:56am
post #1 of 9

Hi!! newbie here..I've been doing a lot of research online to help me out, I've come across several e-books on cake decorating, I was just wondering if anyone has ever purchased these and are they worth it? I'd love to have something that explained everything to me and tutorials...I've watched pretty much all that I can on youtube, and satinice website too. thanks for any information you may provide, just don't want to get ripped off!! lol..Laura

8 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 2:00am
post #2 of 9

The ebooks that I've seen didn't seem to have any more info than you'd find here, and sometimes not that much. You'd be better off buying a couple of regular books or DVD's...I haven't bought any but everyone talks about how wonderful Sugarshack's DVDs are so those would be my pick.

beehivebaby Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 2:35am
post #3 of 9

thanks, where do I find the sugarshack ones?

dg10148 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 2:47am
post #4 of 9

I have all of sugarshacks DVDs. I did all the ebooks before I found this web site and I could of saved a lot of money. The first DVD I got Perfecting the art of Buttercream told me more than I learned in all three Wilton classes. I highly recommend that one first Because it shows you how to frost a smooth cake with no bulging sides. the second one is Flawless Fondant then Totally Topsy Turvy then the Boxes and Bows. All I can say is I wish I would have found this place first.

Lee15 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 12:24pm
post #5 of 9

Yes - Sugarshack's DVDs are a good place to start - inexpensive and packed with lots of valuable information. Look for Sugaredproductions and you will find her. Or just search for Sharon Zambito on the internet.

jobueno Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 3:18pm
post #6 of 9

Yummy Arts.com is a wonderful site with instructional videos that you can download. they also have the DVD set if you want to purchase a Hard copy. These people are AMAZING. wonderful techniques great ideas and tips and tricks to last a lifetime. Check it out. I'm just In Love with the site!

beehivebaby Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 3:44pm
post #7 of 9

I've looked at that one, in fact thats the one I was kinda interested in, but wasn't sure about. kinda expensive..20 bucks a month, do you think 1 month would give me time to get as much info as I could? I really can't afford to pay that all the time..my hubby already thinks I've been spending to much money on my new hobbie!!! lol..

jobueno Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 7:14pm
post #8 of 9

Well, as you may already know, we can never have too many supplies wether this is a hobby or not. My husband says i'm enchroching kind of like a weed. I have cake stuff everywhere!. But as far as the YA website goes I think you ill get your money's worth in the long run. they also have raffles and lots of free videos too. I really didn't want to spend the money either but I decided since I can't afford to go to pastry school or take those expensives classes that only cover one thing, I would sacrifice buying stuff. So now I buy less stuff but learn more, instead of the other way around. Just my opinion you could join for a month and see what you think. if you don't think it's worth it you just cancel.

kentuckyjode Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 7:25pm
post #9 of 9

Also, Jennifer Dontz has great videos!!She is an amazing teacher and I learned so much from those videos.....way worth the money..and if you have any questions, you can email her and she will help you out!!Love her!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%