Help!!!! Forgot The Sugar!!!!!

Decorating By jamielittle Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 1:59am by Barb1959

jamielittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamielittle Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:21pm
post #1 of 6

About 10 minutes ago, I put a chocolate version of WASC in the oven and then I realized that I forgot to put the extra sugar in it!!!!

Will it still be ok? What difference will it make????

Thanks!

5 replies
messy_chef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
messy_chef Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 6

I think you're going to have to start over.

Caike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caike Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 12:25am
post #3 of 6

S'ok - the pumpkin spice cake I just took out is pretty toasted...so much so that I don't think I can ice/share/eat. We all do it. icon_rolleyes.gif

d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 12:27am
post #4 of 6

Lesson 1: do NOT put a cake in the oven...then fall asleep on the couch...for some reason...baking a cake for 2 hours does not work out

Caike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caike Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 12:52am
post #5 of 6

LOL... see? And I'm sure we have ALL had to start over at one point or another... so no worries. Even if you have to re-do it, you'll never make that mistake again. icon_lol.gif

Barb1959 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb1959 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 1:59am
post #6 of 6

I feel your pain. It was the day my daughter was getting ready to decorate a cake for baby baptism. We had a problem and had to rebake all the cakes (3 - 12', 8" and 6") I was making the 12" which required 2 1/2 batches of chocolate cake mix. After I had the second batch made I re read the recipe and said to my daughter "what will happen if I use baking powder instead of soda". Needless to say, I was back to the drawing board and remixing all the batter. Unfortunately this one was one of the more expensive cakes to make. I guess I will never make that mistake again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%