Hard Candy Recipe?

Sugar Work By dnrlee Updated 29 Dec 2009 , 5:49pm by Tammies_Cakes

dnrlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dnrlee Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:15pm
post #1 of 3

I need a hard candy recipe that can be used in the beer mug cakes. Does anyone have one or know where I can find it? Thanks!

2 replies
cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 3

Here is my hard candy recipe. Hope this will help you out. You need: 3- 3/4 Cup Sugar, 1-1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup, 1 Cup Water, 1 teaspoon Flavoring Oil (If you want it flavored), Powdered Sugar (Optional), Food Coloring. Mix first three ingredients in a large saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Boil, without stirring, until temperature reaches 310 degrees, or until drops of syrup form hard brittle thread when a drop is dropped in cold water. Remove from heat. After boiling has ceased, stir in flavoring and coloring. Pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Cool, break into pieces. Store in airtight containers. If more uniform pieces are desired, you may let mixture cool slightly and cut with a pizza cutter. Then carefully break along the lines cut into candy. Makes in excess of two pounds of candy.

I'm assuming that if you let it cool slightly to where you can cut it with a cookie cutter and work with individual pieces while they are still warm, you could probably shape them into ice cubes. But please be careful not to get burnt. I would feel so bad if you got burnt icon_cry.gif .

Good Luck. Let us know how it turned out.

Tammies_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tammies_Cakes Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

Here is my hard candy recipe. Hope this will help you out. You need: 3- 3/4 Cup Sugar, 1-1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup, 1 Cup Water, 1 teaspoon Flavoring Oil (If you want it flavored), Powdered Sugar (Optional), Food Coloring. Mix first three ingredients in a large saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Boil, without stirring, until temperature reaches 310 degrees, or until drops of syrup form hard brittle thread when a drop is dropped in cold water. Remove from heat. After boiling has ceased, stir in flavoring and coloring. Pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Cool, break into pieces. Store in airtight containers. If more uniform pieces are desired, you may let mixture cool slightly and cut with a pizza cutter. Then carefully break along the lines cut into candy. Makes in excess of two pounds of candy.

I'm assuming that if you let it cool slightly to where you can cut it with a cookie cutter and work with individual pieces while they are still warm, you could probably shape them into ice cubes. But please be careful not to get burnt. I would feel so bad if you got burnt icon_cry.gif .

Good Luck. Let us know how it turned out.

Can I use this recipe with sucker molds?
Tammie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%