What Do You Think Of This Cake Design For A 13 Year Old Boy

Decorating By GL79 Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 7:29pm by nickymom

GL79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GL79 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, my nephew's birthday is next month on a weekend, he's not having a party but i still want to make him a cake, just a simple sheet cake. His fav. team is NY Giants so.. I have two designs in mind and I hope you can help me decide. For the first, I just want to cover 10x10 with white BC and the logo on top with a blue fondant ribbon around the cake at bottom. I'm think of adding a RKT football where I can add either his name or "Happy Birthday". My second is to make a half sheet cake and make the field, BC icing, with half the football slamed into the field, the logo, goals and score board, just like the ones I've seen here on CC. What do you guys think? My other question is, I think we're going camping that weekend and would love to take the cake. Is it ok to place it inside an ice chest partially opened with ice? or can I close the chest completely. Both cakes, whichever I'm making will be buttercream. Thanks for your input

3 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 4

If you're camping, you are definitely going to have to close that lid - and I understand that bears can smell things like that even through a cooler. Are you camping in a trailer or a tent? Are you going to be having cake the first day there?

delisa01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delisa01 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 4

I've made something like your second option. It was a fun cake to make. I made the football out of rice krispie treats and used crushed oreo cookies as the dirt that splashed. Birthday boy loved it.

I don't see why you have to put you BC cake into a cooler. BC is fine at room temp would be fine in a cake box. Of course, once you get there (camp ground) you may want to put it into a cooler to keep the critters out.

HTH

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 4

I like the idea of the football slammed into the field,, logo, score board. etc.

I don't kow about the ice chest and all that but I think it would be OK.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%