Cupcake Pans

Baking By cakesweetiecake Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 7:53pm by OMGitsaLisa

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 4

I am looking for a new cupcake pan. Just curious, what brand of pan do you use. I purchased the Wilton cupcake pan and wasnt too happy with it. No matter how much I greased around the tops, I still encountered some sticking. So, I am looking for a new pan. Just wanted some suggestions.

Thank you!

3 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:00pm
post #2 of 4

I have never had cupcakes stick to the side of the pan. I just use the Wilton pans.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 4

I just use generic pans...think I bought them at the thrift store when I was first married. I usually try to fill the cups just enough that the cupcake will bake up to the top of the paper wrapper and not go over. If they do go over a bit and stick to the pan, you can loosen them with a frosting spatula...the small v-shaped one is especially good for that.

OMGitsaLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGitsaLisa Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 4

Does anyone know if there exists a 12 (or more) cup pan that is all one piece construction? I have a huge problem with batter getting caught down in the seams where the cups attach to the rest of the pan and I can't soak it because then the pan rusts. It's getting pretty frustrating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%