How Do You Bake 1/2 Chocolate 1/2 Vanilla?

Decorating By Kel1222 Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 11:16pm by kseevers

Kel1222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kel1222 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 8

I have to make a 1/2 chocolate 1/2 vanilla half sheet. How do you split the batter? Do you just pour them in at the same time or is there a way to do it so that it comes out with a clean seperation? Thanks for your help.

7 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 8

I mix up the vanilla batter first and then set my 1/2 sheet pan up on the empty cake mix box and pour the vanilla into the end that's down, then mix the chocolate and as I'm dumping it into the raised side I slowly lower the pan. Once they're both in side by side you can use your spatula to smooth them out better. Sometimes people will have me marble the center two and then they have white, choc, and marble cake all in one cake.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 8

I just make an alum. foil dam then pull after both are poured in pan.

Mike

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 8

I also raise the pan on one end then release as I pour the second batter in. Works great!

SimplyIced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIced Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 8

Couldnt you bake a white 1/4 sheet and a chocolate 1/4 sheet then slide them together? That's how we used to do it in the grocery store bakery I worked in!

kattyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kattyann Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 10:43pm
post #6 of 8

If you are talking about a cake that serves 24-30 people, I use two 13X9 cake pans and ice the cakes together as one.

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 11:08pm
post #7 of 8

since my cakes are double layer, I bake one layer of each flavor, then cut them each in half and stack them on top of themselves-- voila!

kseevers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kseevers Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 11:16pm
post #8 of 8

I have used the lifting one end method or the foil method. Either way works pretty much the same for me. I think I am going to just start to bake the seperate ones and ice them together. It seems easier. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%