Stargazer Lily Disaster

Decorating By Sylkladie Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 1:44pm by Sylkladie

Sylkladie Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 11:13am
post #1 of 8

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I used 50/50 gumpaste and fondant to create my flower followed the instructions but they won't dry. It says to leave overnight to dry but it was still soft the next day. I cant attach to stem because they fall apart. I'm getting really frustrated making flowers I really want the cake to look as professional as possible and would appreciate your help.

7 replies
kkitchen Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 8

I think you should try all gumpaste or allow it more drying time.
Or put tylose in your fondant.

HTH

Loucinda Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 8

I agree, I would use all gumpaste - I don't use any fondant when I am making flowers.

KHalstead Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 8

definintely use all gumpaste!

Sylkladie Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 8

TrinaR,Loucinda and Khalstead ( I hope I spelled that right, if I didn't my apologies) I really want to thank you all so much for that tip, I will definitely use gumpaste. Is store bought gumpaste better than homemade or are they about the same. Thanks again. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 8

I like to buy the Wilton gumpaste. The one time that I made gumpaste - it didn't work out at all.

Loucinda Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 8:11pm
post #7 of 8

I personally love Nicholas Lodge's recipe, that is the only type I have good luck with. (don't buy his alreayd made stuff though, I have heard several complaints about it) You can google it and it will come right up!

Sylkladie Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 1:44pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks guys, you are the best. I will definitely try gumpaste instead of fondant next time, I will let you know how things work out. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%