Birthday Cupcake Ideas?

Decorating By Steelgoddess Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 1:35pm by Kiddiekakes

Steelgoddess Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 8:21am
post #1 of 6

Its my sisters birthday soon and I wanted to make her some cupcakes...

How would i do them topped with fondant and what could I do??

5 replies
Melnick Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 9:38am
post #2 of 6

I just made some last week. I like the butterfly ones best - I found that idea on a flickr site. The one with flowers etc would have been much more effective if I'd done it the way I originally planned - pink and white alternating. So a pink base, white accents or white base, pink accents.

To make them, I covered them with buttercream first, then I got a scalloped scone cutter, cut the fondant and placed it on top. HTH.
LL
LL

bbmom Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:41am
post #3 of 6

There are 132 pages of inspiration in the cupcake gallery. You can narrow it down some by going to the search featute and typing in different keywords and use the category misc-cupcakes. So if I knew my sister liked flowers I would type flowers fondant and search category misc-cupcakes or Horses fondant misc-cupcakes
So think about things she likes and her favorite colors and start browsing!

Steelgoddess Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:20pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmom

There are 132 pages of inspiration in the cupcake gallery. You can narrow it down some by going to the search featute and typing in different keywords and use the category misc-cupcakes. So if I knew my sister liked flowers I would type flowers fondant and search category misc-cupcakes or Horses fondant misc-cupcakes
So think about things she likes and her favorite colors and start browsing!

I have been doing that but just wanted to ask here too as I have a 1 yr old son and don't have time to browse.

My main question was re topping with fondant :p

Thanks Melnick! Thats really helpful!

bbmom Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:31pm
post #5 of 6

Oh, sorry. I thought maybe you werent sure about the search feature. I know it took me a while to figure it out so I didnt have to wade through 6000 and some pictures to find a particular cookie or whatever. Cant help with the fondant, but I'm sure someone will see this, ccers are very helpful.

Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:35pm
post #6 of 6

How about some pretty cupcakes with roses and chrysanthamums etc...I have done several varieties and they are always a hit..Sunflowers too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%