My First Wedding Cake Picture,,,thank To All Your Suggestion

Decorating By janet2009 Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 9:38pm by Jeff_Arnett

janet2009 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 3:58am
post #1 of 18

Hello to everyone,

First of all i would like to thank you guys for all your great ideas/suggestions for making this wedding cake a success, I have made a3 tiers wedding cake for my brother in law's weeding last sept. 19, It's a (WASC) chocolate cake with fudge
filling (Macsmom recipe), then a vanilla cake with a raspberry filling also macsmom recipe here in CC and i got a lot of compliments...Guests said the cake was so delicious..i followed FlourpowerMN recipe for the raspberry filling and kakeladi fudge filling recipe...thanks also to debster, alanaj, tracey, kakeladi , flourpowerMN and everyone who replied to my post,,,thank you thank you so much,,,,i feel so happy because it was my first time to make a wedding cake it turn out to be great. I got the design of the cake from diane's cake more website....she has a beautiful and gorgeous cake decorations.
Here is the picture of the cake...and again thank you guys...
LL
LL

17 replies
phoufer Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:05am
post #2 of 18

You did a fabulous job! It is such a great feeling when you get compliments after putting in hours of work. thumbs_up.gif

mwest110 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:14am
post #3 of 18

Great job. I love how you did the flowers.

janet2009 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:36am
post #4 of 18

yes! you are absolutely right Phoufer,,,,its worth the effort and time,,,,thank you

janet2009 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:38am
post #5 of 18

thank you mwest110... icon_redface.gificon_smile.gif

Rylan Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:55am
post #6 of 18

Looks great. I love the flow of flowers as well.

grannys3angels Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:55am
post #7 of 18

Your Cake looks GREATTT and you did a awesome job on it! Your flowers are beautiful. You should be very proud of your cake, your hard work and of yourself.

God Bless,
Sharon

olivia751 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:27am
post #8 of 18

Hi janet,

Its really a great job.Your cake is really looking beautiful.... icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

Regards,
Olivia

Beach wedding cake favor boxes

lthiele Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:40am
post #9 of 18

Well done Janet, it's a beautiful cake! I also like how the flowers trail off the cake, very pretty. thumbs_up.gif

TheBlonde Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:46am
post #10 of 18

Your cake came out great! I love the flowers

klat7292 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 11:43am
post #11 of 18

Kudos!! icon_biggrin.gif

You are off to a great start of many beautiful wedding cakes!! thumbs_up.gif

janet2009 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 5:18pm
post #12 of 18

Thank you guys.....i did the flowers with fondant....well...i'm so tahnkful and grateful from the nice people here CC who are very generous to share their expertise and excellent ideas. As a newbie in cake decorating i thought i can not make it...but now i have proven to myself that if you are willing to learn and interested to know things especially in cake decorating yopu will be able to make it! Now i can say that i have the self confidence now to tell my friends that i can make delicious wedding cakes with pretty decorations. And lastly bunch of thanks to my instructor in my Wilton Class.... icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

susana74 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 5:38pm
post #13 of 18

Great job. icon_biggrin.gif

Cathy26 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 5:54pm
post #14 of 18

love the colours and the flowers - great job icon_smile.gif

NancyS Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 6:33pm
post #15 of 18

Very pretty. Nice colors.

cylstrial Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 7:38pm
post #16 of 18

It turned out great!! =o)

janet2009 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:39pm
post #17 of 18

thanks guys.... icon_biggrin.gif

Jeff_Arnett Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 9:38pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet2009

Hello to everyone,

First of all i would like to thank you guys for all your great ideas/suggestions for making this wedding cake a success, I have made a3 tiers wedding cake for my brother in law's weeding last sept. 19, It's a (WASC) chocolate cake with fudge
filling (Macsmom recipe), then a vanilla cake with a raspberry filling also macsmom recipe here in CC and i got a lot of compliments...Guests said the cake was so delicious..i followed FlourpowerMN recipe for the raspberry filling and kakeladi fudge filling recipe...thanks also to debster, alanaj, tracey, kakeladi , flourpowerMN and everyone who replied to my post,,,thank you thank you so much,,,,i feel so happy because it was my first time to make a wedding cake it turn out to be great. I got the design of the cake from diane's cake more website....she has a beautiful and gorgeous cake decorations.
Here is the picture of the cake...and again thank you guys...

Very Very nice! Great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%