Price? Pleez

Business By buttawhench Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 3:27am by buttawhench

buttawhench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttawhench Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:09am
post #1 of 4

Ok, I downloaded the matrix but haven't input the info. yet. So I'm hoping you can help me out.

Here's the cake: 2 layer 12x18, 2 layer 8", a 6" (cake) shopping bag, gumpaste shoe. Buttercream with fondant detailing.

TIA

3 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 11:04am
post #2 of 4

it sounds like you know this, but you need to sit down and work out *your* costs.

a cheap standard bc price on here, for a basic round/ square is $2 a slice (wedding sized serving).
fondant accents = price increase.
carving = price increase (takes time, harder, also to cover cost of waste cake - an average, cheap, price for a carved cake is about $5 a slice).
gumpaste shoe = individually priced - quite high, depends on the size of the shoe.

dont be afraid to price high for a cake that will be more work and time than a basic round, working for cheap just to get the order means you are not making any money.
xx

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 4

12 X 18 plus the 8" serves 132 times my bc w fondant motifs price = $462

bag, cvered in fondant = $56

shoe $40

Equipment = $20

total before delivery = $578

a) that's a LOT of cake
b) that's custom work
c) and as always, please remember that your state/county/city may require you to be inspected/licensed/insurered or you may not even be permitted to sell a cake at all. That's a lot of work to do to discover that you might not be able to be paid at all for it.

buttawhench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttawhench Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:27am
post #4 of 4

Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%