Does Anyone Know Howto Do This

Decorating By luvbugcreations Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 4:50am by Rylan

luvbugcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbugcreations Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:48am
post #1 of 7

Hi
I was wondering what technique this is.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1468964.html not sure if it is going to work like this I will try to attach it.

6 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:40am
post #2 of 7

That looks like the Royal icing technique someone posted step by step how to do it. Search through the posts and you will find it. Sorry I can't be of more help

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:47am
post #3 of 7

Looks like fondant to me. Perhaps even marzipan or gumpaste. Doesn't really look like the texture of royal icing, plus it has been grooved/lined in areas.

If you click on her username, it bring up her profile/website info. Click on the website and she has lots of cakes done with this method too.

http://www.mijnalbum.be/Album-QHUMNABS

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 3:26am
post #4 of 7

It seems very similar to patchwork cutters.

Just print out a picture, make cutouts and and just layer it/put it together.

luvbugcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbugcreations Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 3:47am
post #5 of 7

Hi
Rylan My name is Kerri just wanted to introduce myself. So it is my assumption that I would take the picture that I wanted and then cut out pieces of fondant or gumpaste and just layer until all is covered this makes sense and seems like it would be farely easy. I am going to try with a sheet cake I have ordered for a 1st birthday they want the sesame street gang they gave me a page from a coloring book so I can just make a few copies of that and just cut out my pieces. I will post results when finished I may start making it soon I think I will make out of gumpaste and make a plaque out of it so they can have a keepsake.

thanks for everyone's help I just love it here. I AM ADDICTIDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif
Kerri

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 3:53am
post #6 of 7

rylan is correct..

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:50am
post #7 of 7

Hi Kerry, nice to meet you. My name Rylan, just like my screen name.

You exactly got it correct. Good luck with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%