Check Out My New Baking Tattoo!!

Lounge By antonia74 Updated 29 Sep 2009 , 10:04pm by Ashlynn

antonia74 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:36am
post #1 of 22

Couldn't resist! Had to get one for my other arm. I LOVE it!

More painful than the last two I got, but it's pretty big and coloured in. (Maybe I'm just getting old! lol) Took 3 hours, but it flew by because the tattoo artist happened to be an ex-pastry student and we chatted like old friends while she worked. Made for an easier sit in that chair, let me tell you.

Now to figure out what I want next. My upper back is looking pretty bare. icon_lol.gif
LL
LL

21 replies
Deb_ Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:48am
post #2 of 22

Wow, that's a lot of detail......I can almost feel the pain involved in getting that one!

Very cool!

I'd like to get my first tattoo before I turn 50....just a small Red Sox thing, but I'm so damn chicken. icon_biggrin.gif I've got a few years left to think about it. icon_lol.gif

mkolmar Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:48am
post #3 of 22

SWEET! I like how bright and different it is compared to most tats.

adree313 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:20am
post #4 of 22

that is so awesome! i'm kind of obsessed with getting tattoos. i can't help myself. a happy little cupcake is on my list to get (mostly because i couldn't figure out how to make a happy cake look... "right" as a tattoo lol)

diane Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:26am
post #5 of 22

man...that sure is a large tatoo...says a lot about your love of baking!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

antonia74 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:43am
post #6 of 22

I've been PM'ed asking for pics of my other ones. Here they are... icon_lol.gif
LL
LL

LaBellaFlor Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:43am
post #7 of 22

You have GOT to be kdding! That is so crazy!!! Antonia74 I would have never thought you were that crazy wildchild! icon_biggrin.gif

Shelle_75 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 3:37pm
post #8 of 22

That is awesome! That tattoo artist is very talented!

michellenj Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 3:58pm
post #9 of 22

They are all fun and look great. You are a brave woman!

beanbean Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 4:23pm
post #10 of 22

I had a patient a couple of weeks ago with a tricked out Pilsbury doughboy tattoo. The doughboy was pretty mean lookiing and was tossing a bunch of dollar pills (dough) and a pair of dice into the air. This guy definitely was not a baker, more of a player, but a few modifications would make this a cute baker's tattoo.

grandmom Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 5:20pm
post #11 of 22

Well, I've never had a tattoo, but I'm considering down the road when I turn 85 having "Do Not Resucitate" tattooed on my chest!! I figure it can't hurt any worse than the months and months of electrolysis I underwent to get rid of my unwanted facial hair!! After that, nothing hurts.

LaBellaFlor Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 5:23pm
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmom

Well, I've never had a tattoo, but I'm considering down the road when I turn 85 having "Do Not Resucitate" tattooed on my chest!! I figure it can't hurt any worse than the months and months of electrolysis I underwent to get rid of my unwanted facial hair!! After that, nothing hurts.

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif :lol icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif You are hilarious!

tatorchip Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 2:36am
post #13 of 22

I wanted a tat when I was 16, my Mom said "H&^# NO" . So when I turned 45 I got one on my ankle a heart between two half moons for my daughter and two granddaughters. It hurt more than child birth lol

GottaLuvCake Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 2:43am
post #14 of 22

Those are crazy big! But very detailed! nice! I want to know what made the ex pastry student turn tattoo artist ???

Caike Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 3:24am
post #15 of 22

NOWWWWW I understand why your RI recipe rocks.... truly a committed soul to the art of baking.... icon_biggrin.gif

antonia74 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 11:18pm
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatorchip

It hurt more than child birth lol

icon_lol.gif That's good to know, I haven't done that yet. icon_lol.gif

Deb_ Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 11:29pm
post #17 of 22

I just showed your tattoos to my 19 yr old son who has a couple of his own and he said "Those are awesome, she's pretty cool huh?"

I thought you'd like that. icon_wink.gif

He also said "When are you getting one Mom?" yikes! icon_lol.gif

Shelle_75 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:47am
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

I just showed your tattoos to my 19 yr old son who has a couple of his own and he said "Those are awesome, she's pretty cool huh?"

He also said "When are you getting one Mom?" yikes! icon_lol.gif

You could get your Boston Red Sox logo from your avatar done! icon_lol.gif

antonia74 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:06am
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

icon_lol.gif I DO like that, lol!

Shelle_75 is right....there's no time like the present. thumbs_up.gif

Deb_ Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 6:58pm
post #20 of 22

Shelle_75, when I get up the nerve to finally get a tattoo, I'd love to get my avatar. But every time I look at it I think PAIN! LOL!

You're right Antonia, there is no time like the present....my Son keeps telling me he'll come and hold my hand. icon_lol.gif

lthiele Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 4:52am
post #21 of 22

Antonia I really thought that Baking Soda one was a stick on when I first saw it, till you showd the other 2! That's true dedication to your craft. If you're seriously considering your back - I'd say that's prime real estate, you should send emails to all the companies you are considering and ask them how much they will pay you for the advertising!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Ashlynn Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 10:04pm
post #22 of 22

Thats very cool!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%