Looking For Tutorial On Plane Cake.

Decorating By topaz176 Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 10:19pm by topaz176

topaz176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
topaz176 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, I am trying something new.
So all help will be highly appreciated.
I am trying to do a plane as edible as possible.
Ideas , comments, anything you can think of I will appreciate.

6 replies
topaz176 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 7

bump, No one ?????

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:13pm
post #3 of 7

I haven't seen any tutorials for planes...Hopefully someone else has and will post a link.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 5:21am
post #4 of 7

Try this one! I'll try to attach the diagram too. I made one entirely of cake and it came out pretty darn good. Hope it helps.
KimAZ

Trim the cake where the dotted lines indicate. At the front of the airplane, where the cockpit is located, cut the top layer of the cake at a sloped angle to meet pieces "E" & "H". Frost the entire cake. The cut edges will not be difficult to frost if you have used a pudding mix, as they are quite moist. After frosting the entire cake, frost the ice cream cone and attach it to the back of the airplane (the frosting acts as "glue"). Cut an additional piece "C" from the rice crispy treat, and attach it as the tail of the plane. Add one Hostess Ho Ho to either side of the tail to serve as the engines.
Using the black coloring paste or gel, mix a small amount of gray frosting to use as the windows in the cockpit. Outline the cockpit with the black gel, and add other detailing and wording to suit your party. To make the cake board look like a run way, add "stripes" with masking tape or athletic tape.
If you are entertaining a very small crowd, this cake can be modified, and baked as a 9" X 13"rectangle cake. Regardless of the size, this cake is sure to please all the jet setters at your gathering!
LL

topaz176 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 7

wow !!
I like the idea of all edible.
I will surely try this one. ( never worked with rice crispy before icon_lol.gif )
Thank you so much.

P.S. Do you have a picture of what you did???? icon_wink.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 5:06am
post #6 of 7

Here is my airplane from these directions.

KimAZ
LL

topaz176 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 10:19pm
post #7 of 7

Nice !!!
Thanks for sharing.
PS:
I was also looking at your pics. and I see alot of cakes that I like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%