Raspberry Filling And Or Custard?

Decorating By Panhead Updated 26 Sep 2009 , 7:21pm by Panhead

Panhead Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 6

Hello again gang,

My Grandpa loves raspberry jams and fillings and custard, but I don't know what flavor cake it would be best paired up with; what do you think?

He's an avid chocolate cake lover, but I'm not sure how raspberry would go with chocolate since I don't eat raspberries.

Thanks

Panhead

5 replies
prterrell Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 6

Raspberries and chocolate is a classic pairing. Raspberries also go excellently with lemon.

here's some ideas:
Chocolate cake with raspberry preserve (seedless) filling iced in chocolate ganache, chocolate buttercream, fudge, or raspberry buttercream.
Lemon cake, with raspberry preserve (seedless) and lemon curd fillings iced in: lemon buttercrea, raspberry buttercream, Italian Meringue (aka 7-minute frosting), white chocoalte buttercream, white chocolate ganache, or whipped cream.

You can also make raspberry mousse by mixing the preserves with stabilized whipped cream.

cylstrial Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:04am
post #3 of 6

I love raspberry mousse!! It's so delicious! I'm gonna have to make some now. Hehe.

JanH Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:01am
post #4 of 6
Panhead Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 6:25am
post #5 of 6

Sorry, I didn't realize I clicked on new topic instead of reply.

How much ganache would I need to cover two nine inch layers?

Panhead Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 7:21pm
post #6 of 6

P.S: How do you remove the cake off of the rack after the ganache is poured. I don't have spatulas that big icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%