Raspberry Filling And Or Custard?

Decorating By Panhead Updated 26 Sep 2009 , 7:21pm by Panhead

Panhead  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panhead Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 9:35pm
post #1 of 6

Hello again gang,

My Grandpa loves raspberry jams and fillings and custard, but I don't know what flavor cake it would be best paired up with; what do you think?

He's an avid chocolate cake lover, but I'm not sure how raspberry would go with chocolate since I don't eat raspberries.

Thanks

Panhead

5 replies
 prterrell  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 6

Raspberries and chocolate is a classic pairing. Raspberries also go excellently with lemon.

here's some ideas:
Chocolate cake with raspberry preserve (seedless) filling iced in chocolate ganache, chocolate buttercream, fudge, or raspberry buttercream.
Lemon cake, with raspberry preserve (seedless) and lemon curd fillings iced in: lemon buttercrea, raspberry buttercream, Italian Meringue (aka 7-minute frosting), white chocoalte buttercream, white chocolate ganache, or whipped cream.

You can also make raspberry mousse by mixing the preserves with stabilized whipped cream.

cylstrial  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:04am
post #3 of 6

I love raspberry mousse!! It's so delicious! I'm gonna have to make some now. Hehe.

JanH  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:01am
post #4 of 6
Panhead Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 6:25am
post #5 of 6

Sorry, I didn't realize I clicked on new topic instead of reply.

How much ganache would I need to cover two nine inch layers?

Panhead Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 7:21pm
post #6 of 6

P.S: How do you remove the cake off of the rack after the ganache is poured. I don't have spatulas that big icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%