Cruffle Coating Question

Decorating By kaciealexa Updated 22 Sep 2009 , 9:49pm by Rylan

kaciealexa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaciealexa Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 4

i have made 'cruffle's , and i can never get the chocolate coating to be nicely rounded like a truffle... do any of you add a bit of wax to your coating? and how do you dip yours, with a candy dipper, fingers.... please tell me!!! kaciealexa

3 replies
baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 4

I do have a candy dipper...but dont like it too much...I use plastic forks...One that has the two middle teeth broken and either another or a butter knife to push it off the first fork.

Make sure that the ball or cruffle is solid and doesnt have peices coming or sticking off. Drop in chocoalte, I use a spatula to make sure it's covered, and scoopit up with the fork, tap to get extra choco off and slide it off on parchment paper to dry...

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 9:41pm
post #3 of 4

I stick a toothpick in before popping into the freezer. Elevate the cooling rack (with or without wax paper on top). Then poke the toothpick through the hole, reach under & grab it & pull the toothpick out. It's a little more time consuming but gives a cleaner finish.

If your finish is rough: roll in nuts, sprinkles, drizzle with colored chocolate, etc.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 4

I thin my chocolate with shortening. I just use forks to dip it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%