Wasc Cake Too Moist?

Baking By Echooo3 Updated 7 Oct 2009 , 5:49pm by Kerry_Kake

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 7

I've made the WASC many many times and it is a very moist cake. My question is that I am getting ready to do a topsy turvy cake and I am wondering if this recipe is too moist to hold up to this design.

Should I use less or more of something to make it less moist?

Weird I know - when does anyone want a LESS moist cake?? Go figure.

6 replies
Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 8:51pm
post #2 of 7

Really? No one else has had this issue?

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:35am
post #3 of 7

I tried the "amazing chocolate wasc" cake recipe on this forum and it's the best tasting chocolate cake EVER but it was a bear to decorate with - was toooo moist or something (it was my first and only attempt at making and decorating it - am too afraid to try again unless others can vouch for this recipe for decorating purposesicon_smile.gif) I hope others will respond to this post too so we can find out whether it's us or the recipeicon_smile.gif

carriebush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carriebush Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:56am
post #4 of 7

I find that the chocolate version is a little moist also. Do you have to make it chocolate? because the original WASC recipe is the perfect cake for carving and decorating..hth!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 10:52am
post #5 of 7
tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 11:32am
post #6 of 7

Go to this thread http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-614554.html and ask them. Macsmom will give you some advice,she is extremely helpful.

Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 7

I use the WASC recipe also but I found this video and it makes a denser cake. I think it is better for carving. I have been doing this method lately so I don't have to cut and throw away the tops icon_smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QbLeNMz6MA&feature=channel_page

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%