Best Way To Stick Fondant To Rice Krispie Treats??

Decorating By The_Sugar_Fairy Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 2:03pm by debster

The_Sugar_Fairy Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 6:10pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all!
I wondering... what's the best way to stick fondant to rice krispie treats? Someone here said to try melted chocolate. I'm just wondering if there's other way too because I don't work with chocolate that much. Can you use buttercream? Thanks so much!

6 replies
ClancyJane Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 7

In the past I've used both royal icing and buttercream, depending on what I've been working with on the cake, but if there is a better way, I'd love to know! icon_biggrin.gif

GL79 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 7

Me too, I was about to ask that same question. All I know is that people use a lot of fondant to cover the bumps.

Rylan Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 7

I usually rub shortening all over the RKT and then lay fondant. I prefer to use two layers of fondant.

DLo912 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 7

I do a thin layer of buttercream on top of the rice krispy treat; this usually fills in the holes pretty nicely. Then I place the fondant on top of it and mold it to the shape. If it still looks too bumpy, I have put another layer of fondant over it and that has helped. HTH : )

PinkZiab Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:58pm
post #6 of 7

I use buttercream like spackle to fill all of the holes and crevices, and then apply to fondant onto my now-smooth-as-silk molded object icon_smile.gif

debster Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:03pm
post #7 of 7

I agree with PinkZiab.......................

Quote by @%username% on %date%