Free Downloadable Design Program???

Decorating By sadsmile Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 10:35am by JCE62108

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 16

Some time ago I saw someone post a link to download some drawing program similar to paintshop but MUCH more versatile and I wish I had saved it. Does any one have it?

15 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 16

http://paint.net/

icon_biggrin.gif Don't forget to go to their forum and download some plugins for it!

sadsmile Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 16

Um icon_confused.gif Holy crap I need a navigator.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 16

It takes a little getting used to unless you've used other paint programs. What are you trying to do? Maybe I could help...right now I have to go to a teacher conference but when I get back I'll help you figure it out icon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Um icon_confused.gif Holy crap I need a navigator.

LOL! I would need one too! icon_lol.gif

iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 6:41pm
post #6 of 16

How do you know which of the 4 "download buttons" to use (sorry,I'm NOT good at this stuff)??

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 9:59pm
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by iownajane

How do you know which of the 4 "download buttons" to use (sorry,I'm NOT good at this stuff)??

I'd use download.com -- the 2nd button with the white moving arrow on a green square background. CNET runs download.com and is very good about making sure the software is virus free.

sadsmile Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 11:12pm
post #8 of 16

Doug what do you use to draw with?

Doug Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 11:38pm
post #9 of 16

I do most of my work in MS Publisher and do minor clean up, resizing and recoloring in PhotoFiltre (also free) http://photofiltre.free.fr/download_en.htm

iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:17pm
post #10 of 16

Thanks Doug...I downloaded it finally...so now I need an instruction book icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Told you I was a WHIZZ at this....I drew a line and can't erase it icon_rolleyes.gif
jane

sadsmile Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:43pm
post #11 of 16

LOL I Xed the color wheel in the first program and it took me an hour to find it again. I don't like it when I don't know how to make something work. I think the one Doug posted is more simple to use. I wish one had the ability to make 3D spheers, cubes and cyliders and change their size -like stacking up cake dummies.

Doug Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 11:08pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:

LOL I Xed the color wheel in the first program and it took me an hour to find it again. I don't like it when I don't know how to make something work. I think the one Doug posted is more simple to use. I wish one had the ability to make 3D spheers, cubes and cyliders and change their size -like stacking up cake dummies.

3d cubes and cylinders in Publisher

sphere is a circle that has been shaded to give illusion of 3d

sadsmile Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 11:22pm
post #13 of 16

Sheesh! Will you look at the way my fingers typed out sphere!!! ROFL Me and my typoes. I need auto spell check! icon_redface.gif

Do you have a link for the publisher?

Doug Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 11:52pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:

Sheesh! Will you look at the way my fingers typed out sphere!!! ROFL Me and my typoes. I need auto spell check! icon_redface.gif

Do you have a link for the publisher?

it's a part of Microsoft Office, Small Business or better editions -- tho' it can be bought as a stand-alone too (tho' WAY overpriced that way)

----

hint: Firefox has spelling built in! and the Google toolbar can do it too.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 2:13am
post #15 of 16

i went to that page and it includes a registry cleaner, once you download the cleaner you can't get rid of it

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 10:35am
post #16 of 16

Most free software downloads include adware. Maybe not viruses exactly, but almost just as bad. download.com most certainly has it. Almost every program my hubby has downloaded from there actually says in the fine print (user agreement) that by downloading this software you allow us to install adware on your computer. Then you get all those lovely popups and mysteriously end up at websites that you didnt even click a link to. I about killed my hubby when I found out he was still downloading from there. Keeps messing up our computer. Anyways I would suggest reading the fine print before downloading to make sure its not going to install something weird on your computer.

Im actually going to check out that program. My paint shop program is not working quite right on my new computer. I have an OOOLLLLLDDDD version of paint shop. Like, at least 8 or 9 years old. I got it when I was in highschool. lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%