Question On Stenciling On Fondant

Decorating By cupcakelady64 Updated 22 Sep 2009 , 11:43pm by kansaswolf

cupcakelady64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakelady64 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 8

My question involves stenciling on fondant.

I have a precut stencil but I'm not sure how to go about it. Do I set the stencil up against the side of the cake, and then paint the remaining area?
I need silver for one layer and black for the other one. So does that come in edible paint? Or should i try to find a marker? Not sure on what to do.

Oh, and should the fondant be dry before I work on the stencils?

7 replies
cupcakelady64 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 8

Wow! No help at all? Even the tiniest bit of advice would certainly be appreciated!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 8

hi, there is a tutorial on this site.. stenciling fondant. and buttercream cakes.. i have watched the videos.. also sharon zambito on her blog. shows how she does it.. sharonssugarshack.com.. go to her blog.. there may be tutorials on youtube.. i always check youtube out for everything.. ha! this video on this site.. comes from designstencil.com.. something like that. hth i got all prepared to do that several months ago.. got the stencil from design stencil.. was going to do it on buttercream .. and chickened out.. did it with the wilton presses.. ha!

KieslerKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KieslerKakes Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 6:03pm
post #4 of 8

Here's a link to a tutorial. I hope it helps.

URL: http://www.cakecentral.com/article178.html

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 8

You can definitely stencil just like you said. I prefer to use buttercream to stencil with, but I think I just mix my paint to thin. Get some silver luster dust and mix with a bit of vodka for paint, or just brush in on dry, depending on how thick a coating you want. I've had good luck brushing dry luster dust on stencils. For the black, I'd just mix a tad bit of vodka with your black paste color and paint with that. Good luck!

cupcakelady64 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 6:03pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you so much! i will check it out! i tend to chicken out alot!!! icon_biggrin.gif

cupcakelady64 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 6:32pm
post #7 of 8

Hey Kansaswolf,

Cream cheese fondant??? Will you share that recipe???

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 11:43pm
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%