Cake For A Chocoholic

Decorating By jovigirl Updated 22 Sep 2009 , 5:22pm by jovigirl

jovigirl Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 10

Hello everyone!

I've been asked to make a cake for a dear friend of mine who loves, loves, loves chocolate... any ideas? I kinda wanted it to look great as we are throwing her a surprise b-day party... Any ideas, pic or recpes would be really, really, really appreciated!!!

You guys rock as always,
Thanks again for your help thumbs_up.gif

9 replies
iluvjay829 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 10

The Darn Good Chocolate Cake recipe on here is awesome with the Chocolate Syrup frosting. However, I found it a little fudgy for my taste, so I changed it to milk chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, and milk chocolate chips. If she's a chocoholic she may love it as is. When I make it with my small changes, everyone says its the best chocolate cake they've ever had. Good luck!

Darth_Aerdna Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 10

Try the Hershey's Perfect CHocolate cake and frosting recipe- on the Hershey's web site.
Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate!!!!
Yum!

ddaigle Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 10

I have a cake at the bottom of page 3 in my gallery that is super duper chocolately. It's the one with the pirouettes around it. Here's the discription:

3-Layer cake consisting of 2 layers of WASC dark chocolate fudge cake with a center layer of chocolate cheesecake, covered in chocolate amaretto ganache, surrounded by chocolate fudge pirouettes, topped with chocolate covered strawberries.

jovigirl Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 2:21pm
post #5 of 10

Thank you all!!! I've found the recipes I'm going to use, just need to figure out how to decorate it now icon_confused.gif

ally38562 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 10

Decorate it with choc covered strawberries! Mmmm

Rhiannon_Scarlett Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 3:36pm
post #7 of 10

How about something like this?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1462542

You can make it look like her favourite bar of chocolate?

2SchnauzerLady Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 3:44pm
post #8 of 10

The dark chocolate fudge WASC filled with chocolate ganache is wonderful for a chocoholic - and I used a simple syrup made with coffee instead of water to brush on the cake - YUMMY!

icer101 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 3:56pm
post #9 of 10

ok jovigirl.. what recipe did you find.. please share with all of us. thanks

jovigirl Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 5:22pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon_Scarlett

How about something like this?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1462542

You can make it look like her favourite bar of chocolate?

That actually happens to be her favorite chocolate bar, however I'm not that talented icon_cry.gif
I also want to stay away from fondant & just make it ooey gooey chocolate thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%