Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Baking By Ladybug78 Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 1:54am by cylstrial

Ladybug78 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 5

hi there, does anyone have a good recipe for chocolate chocolate chip cupcakes? Also if I use chips...will they still hold some sort of shape in the cake? Meaning will there be some sort of extra chocolate chip taste. Sorry if I am not clear. Mom-to-Be just thru this at me.

4 replies
Win Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 5

First, are you baking from a mix? If so, The Cake Mix Doctor has a wonderful chocolate cupcake recipe. When adding chocolate chips to any batter, first coat them in either flour (for light colored batters) or cocoa (for dark batters. This fine coating keeps them suspended in the batter and you don't have an issue with them all laying on the bottom of the pan (or cupcake liner.)

CUPCAKES (From the Cake Mix Doctor Cookbook)

1 package (18.25 ounces) plain devil's food cake mix
2 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa powder
1 1/3 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Prepare the cupcake batter: Place the cake mix, cocoa powder, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down the sides again if needed. Spoon or scoop a heaping 1/4 cup batter into each lined cupcake cup, filling it two thirds of the way full. (You will get between 22 and 24 cupcakes; remove the empty liners, if any.) Place the pans in the oven.

Bake the cupcakes until they spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 16 to 20 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and place them on wire racks to cool for 5 minutes. Run a dinner knife around the edges of the cupcake liners, lift the cupcakes up from the bottoms of the cups using the end of the knife, and pick them out of the cups carefully with your fingertips. Place them on a wire rack to cool completely, 30 minutes.

Win Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 5

Oh, and when I make these I add half a bag of chocolate chips per recipe.

(about 6 oz.)

Ladybug78 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:11am
post #4 of 5

Thank you, I will give it a try

cylstrial Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:54am
post #5 of 5

That recipe sounds really good Win! I might have to try it!

Let us know what you think Ladybug!

Quote by @%username% on %date%