Help!! Where To Find A Cake Related Job...

Decorating By amy1988 Updated 22 Sep 2009 , 11:17pm by amy1988

amy1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy1988 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 12:53am
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone--

Here's my story, I'm graduating in May from a 4 year university with a degree in Marketing, but my true love and passion is cake decorating and baking.

I have some experience in decorating; I've taken 2 Wilton classes and decorated countless cakes for friends and family but I would love to have more.

My absolute dream is to work for or even open a cake decorating business. I've been searching online where I could apply for jobs that could get my foot in the cake decorating door but having some problems.

Does anyone know any place that you would suggest for an aspiring cake decorator to apply to?

Keep in mind, I don't have to decorate. In fact due to my informal training, I don't expect to! I would love to do anything, secretarial work, books, marketing, etc...

Please please help! Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Amy

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:36am
post #2 of 5

I would just start applying at all of the cake companies in your area. There are lots of grocery stores where you could get your start as well.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 5

If you want to break into the high-end cake market, an internship/apprenticeship might even be a good way to start. It'll get something on your resume, which will help big-time when you look for a job.

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 4:12pm
post #4 of 5

You could try to apply for a job in the bakery of your local supermarket chain or even the warehouse stores like BJs or Sam's Club.

amy1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy1988 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 5

I've been to all the local bakeries and no one is hiring.....what a surprise.

I really appreciate all of your advice!

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU EVERYONE!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%