Is This A Wilton Cake?

Decorating By playingwithsugar Updated 22 Sep 2009 , 11:37pm by playingwithsugar

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 10

Please view attached photo and tell me. This is one of two cakes I have to combine to make my step-grandson's wedding cake, and I would like to see the instructions for it.

If you know the name of the design, so I could find it on a website, or if you have the link to it, I would most humbly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Theresa icon_smile.gif
LL

9 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 10

It's on the cover of Wilton Wedding Cakes: A Romantic Portfolio.

playingwithsugar Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 10

Thank you so much! The other cake, that they want me to combine with it, is the Romantic Ripples cake, which I already found on their website.

Now to figure out how to put them together!

They already told me what they want and don't want, I'm just having trouble envisioning the end product.

Wish me luck!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:37am
post #4 of 10

I love that cake! So cute! I'll have to google the other one!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:47am
post #5 of 10

Yep It's a Wilton I have that book. Have fun making it.......................

cakesbymindysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymindysue Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 2:04am
post #6 of 10

The cake is called "Across the Threshold" here's the link for the Wilton site.. http://www.wilton.com/idea/Across-the-Threshold-Cake

ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 2:20am
post #7 of 10

I looked up the "Romantic Ripples" cake. Very pretty. I can't wait to see the picture and see how you tied those two together.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 11:06am
post #8 of 10

I looked up the romantic ripples and across the threshold, Wow, will these two be nice together. All you'll have to do is lay it out like the ripples and do it like the threshold. PRETTY!!!! Maybe add a drape somewhere to it, but I'm terrible at drapes. Good luck, post a picture for us.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 12:30pm
post #9 of 10

Here's the romantic ripples cake in case anyone else wants to see what we're talking about! I'm sure that it will turn out gorgeous!

http://www.wilton.com/idea/Romantic-Ripples-Cake

playingwithsugar Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 11:37pm
post #10 of 10

They already told me what they want and don't want from each cake, and then told me that I can add or take away as I need to, to make a great cake. I love sparkly things, and I love candlelight, so as I sat on the bus home from NY today, I took a look at both pictures and gave some serious thought to making a change, not in the cake itself, but in the negative space between the tiers.

Nope, I won't tell. It's a secret. For now.

Tune in again after Halloween. That's their wedding day.

Thanks, all, for your replies!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%