"grape" Purple

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 6:35pm by all4cake

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 7

Whats the best way to make a realistic "grape" color? I have a selection of wilton and all of the americolor but not sure which way to start? Thanks!

6 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 3:58pm
post #2 of 7

gosh...I wish you'd gotten more feedback on this one! I keep mixing and coming up with more bluple....I used violet...I used regal purple....I used both and I can't get the color I'm after...I even added in rose...maybe I'll start with rose...cause this one surely has pink undertones..

wish you luck with your color search!

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 7

I believe Americolor actually addresses this on their blending chart. Sadly I seem to have misplaced mine, and I really need to find it.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 7

i forget the name of the colour... if its purple or violet, i got it in a box of 8 basic wilton colours. so purpler or violet, and black.
i made up the purple fondant, and made up (well, bought actually) the black, and mixed in bits of black fondant. i went darker than grape id say, but it was pretty 'grape' while i was trying to get my colour.
xx

butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 7

I use the purple color and add a little black to mine.

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:35pm
post #7 of 7

I was going for more this color purple

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=purple&FORM=BIFD#

instead, I was getting more a lavendar bluple

I started out with light purple/bluple(took a bit of what I'd made and added a gob of white) then added a bit of red and a bit of wilton rose which resulted in being closer to the undertone then, I added a bit of royal blue then americolor's regal purple. I have the color I need now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%