Timetable For Cutting Cake At Wedding

Decorating By momg9 Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 7:00pm by momg9

momg9 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 6:28pm
post #1 of 4

My son's wedding was yesterday and I made the cake. I was surprised that they cut the cake as soon as they walked into the reception. The DJ announced the wedding party as they came into the room and before the bride and groom even sat down he announced that they were going to cut the cake.

It's been awhile since I've been to a wedding, but I thought it was kind of quick. They barely had a chance to look at it. And I must say after spending the better part of last week making it, I wanted them and everyone else to be able to look at it. Is this normal?

I'm having a hard time attaching a pic so I'll put a pic in my photos if you want to see it.

3 replies
delisa01 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 4

Beautiful cake! How odd that they cut it so soon. I made a wedding cake for a dear friend over the weekend. It was cut towards the end of the reception after we drank, ate, and danced.

Sorry they cut it so soon, after all that hard work, I would want people to admire it also.

tootie0809 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 4

I think it really depends on what the couple wants. I did a wedding last weekend and delivered the cake by 3:00 and it was scheduled to be on display throughout the whole dinner and then be cut starting at 7:00, so it got to sit around and be admired for a few hours. I do, however, think that cutting it first off is a little early. I think most receptions have the cake on display until toward the end of the night typically.

momg9 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 7:00pm
post #4 of 4

I thought it was odd. I asked the mob and she didn't know why they cut it so early either, so it wasn't anything we asked for.

Quote by @%username% on %date%