Need A Ribbon Shaped Pattern

Decorating By pattycakes55d Updated 22 Sep 2009 , 4:53am by SugarFrosted

pattycakes55d Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 3:15am
post #1 of 11

for a breast cancer fundraiser that I've been asked to do. I tried looking in the previous posts but didn't find anything. Anyone know what I could do? Thanks

10 replies
Mommy2ThreeBoys Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 3:34am
post #2 of 11

I'm searching right now for the same thing, if I find one I'll let ya know....

redpanda Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:39am
post #3 of 11

You may need to scale it down, if it is too big, but I am attaching a ribbon template.

Mommy2ThreeBoys Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:52am
post #4 of 11

Thank you so much RedPanda!!!! Not trying to steal the post, but I've been looking for one of these all over this
But thank you so much!

pattycakes55d Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 7:40am
post #5 of 11

thanks so much for your quick reply and help. It is very much appreciated.

FleurDeCake Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 8:37am
post #6 of 11

great thanks

SimplyIced Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 3:02pm
post #7 of 11

I JUST made this cake last my photos. I took a 1/4 sheet pan and cut the ribbon out from that. I free-handed the drawing on paper, then cut around it! Very simple! Good luck!

I did see somewhere online that had a ribbon shaped pan though! Just can't remember where!

pattycakes55d Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 6:58pm
post #8 of 11

I just heard that they want it covered in fondant which makes it more time intensive and I'm not sure how to do it in one piece. BC is much better.

SimplyIced Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 7:26pm
post #9 of 11

I actually prefer the fondant, but here's a few ideas:

I did mine in white fondant with a pink fondant layer of ribbon on top. I did not cut out the hole in the ribbon, just left that white. could ice in white buttercream and lay a pink fondant ribbon on the top, if you prefer buttercream.

pattycakes55d Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 2:29am
post #10 of 11

thanks for the idea. I'll try that.

SugarFrosted Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 4:53am
post #11 of 11

Wilton makes a pan in that shape, if that is of any help. You can prolly find it at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Here's what it looks like:

Quote by @%username% on %date%