Chantilly Lace Cake?!?!?!

Decorating By ohayr639 Updated 10 Aug 2013 , 12:34am by ddaigle

ohayr639 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohayr639 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 19

I have someone requesting a Chantilly Lace flavored cake and have NO idea what they are talking about. . . Still waiting to hear back from them but does anyone have an idea about what it might be?

18 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 6:02am
post #2 of 19

Okay, I googled chantilly lace cake recipe, and found pictures of chantilly lace cakes (which seems to be cornelli lace):

http://staceyssweetshop.blogspot.com/2009/02/chantilly-lace.html

http://www.weddingcakesbykurt.com/b13.html

And several very different Chantilly Lace drink recipes:

http://www.grouprecipes.com/97768/chantilly-lace.html
(Don't think this one is feasible.)

http://www.barmeister.com/drinks/recipe/320/?o=by_letter

http://tinyurl.com/lhycgs

And a chantilly frosting recipe:

http://www.grouprecipes.com/sr/25213/chantilly-frosting/recipe/

If as you said, the customer wants a Chantilly Lace flavored cake, I'd use Grand Marnier, Tia Maria, and coffee in the batter and perhaps as a simple syrup wash rather than the recipe using Yellow Chartreuse, Calvados and fresh lemon juice.

Or you just might have to bite the bullet and ask what they mean by "Chantilly Lace" flavored.

HTH

ohayr639 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 12:57pm
post #3 of 19

Thanks!! I am a complete newbie and have only been making box cakes so far (I know, I know!) so I will have to read up on some of the things you said (simple syrup?!?!). I did bite the bullet but am waiting to hear back. . . We will see how this goes!!

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 19

They sell that cake here at Whole Foods and I am dying to get the recipe myself. I have heard amazing things about this cake.

ddaigle Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:06pm
post #5 of 19

Found it!!! WOW!!

Whole Foods Berry Chantilly Cake recipe with Chantilly Cream:

http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=251351&sid=f9b5543a5aa35584b132457fcf7085a0

ddaigle Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:16pm
post #6 of 19

This doesn't give directions for the Chantilly Cream...I've found this, but not quantities...still looking:

CHANTILLY FROSTING:
Cream Cheese
Almond BItter Essence
Powdered Sugar
Mascarpone Cheese
Heavy Whipped Cream

ddaigle Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:38pm
post #7 of 19

Ok....I found the Chantilly Frosting recipe. ohayr639 thanks for asking about this recipe! I can't wait to make it now!

CHANTILLY FROSTING:
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 - 8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
1 - 8 ounce tub of Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners' (icing or powdered) sugar, sifted

In your food processor, or with a hand mixer, process the cream cheese and mascarpone cheese until smooth. Add the vanilla and confectionersâ sugar and process until smooth. Transfer this mixture to a large mixing bowl.

Then, in the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. With a large spatula, gently but quickly fold a little of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture to lighten it. Then fold in the remaining whipped cream, in two stages. If the frosting is not thick enough to spread, cover and place in the refrigerator for an hour, or until it is firm enough to spread.

ohayr639 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 5:07pm
post #8 of 19

ddgaile,

HOLY COW!!!! icon_surprised.gif You are amazing!!! Thank you so much!

If I am reading it correctly though, and I am probably not cause I am such a newbie, it sounds like all of the "decorating" is already done and I won't be able to decorate in like Twilight stuff?!?!?!?! What do you think?!

ddaigle Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 5:55pm
post #9 of 19

I'm not sure what your design will be, but they are saying to pipe the rosettes because that is how it looks at Whole Foods. You can decorate however you like. What were you planning on doing? Obviously if they are saying to pipe rosettes, the chantilly frosting is stable enough to pipe other designs.

ohayr639 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 10:14pm
post #10 of 19

I was not sure yet of what to do. I know it has to be Twilight inspired but I am probably one of the only people who haven't read the book. . .

AnnaJo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnaJo Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 11:55am
post #11 of 19

thank you ohayr639 for asking on how to do this. My husband like this cake and I tried to make it once but I didn't like it. Now I plan to try again with this new info.
BTW your not along in not reading this book. I haven't.

ddaigle Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 1:16pm
post #12 of 19

**UPDATE** I went to Whole Foods and ordered a piece of the Berry Chantilly Cake. I'm sure due to cost and time, they do not make it like their published recipe. I made it sorta like the store makes it and sorta like the recipe. I do like the marscapone icing alot. For the filling, Whole Foods folds the fruit in whipped topping. I wasn't crazy about that. To me, it made it just another fruit filled with whipped topping boring filling. The next time, I am going to just use the marinated fruit with no whipped topping. The Grand Marnier sauce that the fruit is marinated in is AMAZING! I could drink that stuff! To save some cost, I used Triple Sec instead of Grand Marnier. Both are an orange liquor..just way cheaper. I have attached my recipe with adjustments if anyone is interested. Enjoy! PM me if you have any questions. Deb

AnnaJo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnaJo Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:02pm
post #13 of 19

Thanks Deb, did you put this in the recipes? I would like to print it out so I can give it a try. What recipe did you use for the white cake?

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:05pm
post #14 of 19

Thank you for the recipe. One question what do you use if you do not have mascarpone cheese? I do not find here in Miami, at least around my area..

Thank you!!!

ddaigle Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:13pm
post #15 of 19

AnnaJo..I have not put it in the recipe section yet, but I will. And I used the white WASC recipe for my cake. I'm told Whole Food's cake is "firmer"...I thought it was staler!

Cristi-Tutty..Marscapone is Italian cream cheese. I guess you could just use 2 - 8oz. blocks of cream cheese, but it will alter the taste a tad. I found Marscapone at Albertson's. It should be at your better grocery stores (Publix, etc.) or at an Italian speciality store. It is 5.99 for an 8oz. tub here in Baton Rouge!

ddaigle Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 2:20pm
post #16 of 19

Shoot....I left out where to use the Raspberry Sauce!! Add the 1/3 C. raspberry sauce to the Grand Marnier mixture. Sorry icon_redface.gif

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 5:44pm
post #17 of 19

Thank you ddaigle, I have look for it everywhere and it is hard to find, I am going to try the whole foods, they might have it...thank you....

nickie3662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickie3662 Posted 9 Aug 2013 , 11:58pm
post #18 of 19

do u have to make the simple syrup stuff? I don't think that is in the cake @ Whole foods. If so when /where do u use it? i'm a rookie @ this one! Where do u find their published recipe?

ddaigle Posted 10 Aug 2013 , 12:34am
post #19 of 19

Gosh Nickie...I posted this recipe 4 years ago.    I was not impressed with Whole Foods Chantilly Cake.   I thought their cake was dry and their filling was so-so.   I found a mock version (on page 1 of this post) and jazzed it up.   I do believe I have all of the steps on page 1.     I soaked the fruit in the raspberry/Grand Marnier sauce then drain.   I let them soak while I was doing the other steps in the cake.  Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%