Help! Need To Dry Out Fondant Quick

Decorating By LizzyLaw06 Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 11:52pm by Rylan

LizzyLaw06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzyLaw06 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 6

I learned the hardway that i should have at least used a gumpaste/fondant mixture, or gumtex....but I didn't.

I'm making my first fondant bow and I wasn't smart and didn't look up the "how to" a head of time and i read that i should let it dry out overnight before i assemble. I was wanting to have this done tonight, well kinda needing to have it done tonight, but tomorrow is ok too if need be, but i'd like to not take that route if i don't have to. I made my loops about 2hrs ago. they are in the oven(not on) with the light on. how can i dry these out possibly by late evening or so. can i bake them on a very low temp for a few mins, hair dryer, fan, anything???

TIA!

5 replies
mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 6

Hm, I don't know if there's anything you can do.

If you just made them two hours ago, why don't you just make more using the gumtex/gumpaste?

LizzyLaw06 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2spunkynbug

Hm, I don't know if there's anything you can do.

If you just made them two hours ago, why don't you just make more using the gumtex/gumpaste?

i'm just thinking about the wasted fondant. and i don't have any gumtex right now, and the stores are closing before i'd be able to get there. the loops took awhile, i made each loop 3 colors and i don't really want to do it again, YKWIM. i was just wanting to see if there's any quick way before i started over

LizzyLaw06 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 6

never mind....i'm just gonna start over with gumpaste. the fondant is melting, it's a lost cause at this point. better luck next time.

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 11:36pm
post #5 of 6

Aw, sorry it didn't work out. I hope you were able to make new, better ones in time!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 6

In case it happens again, just let it dry in a bed of cornstarch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%