Engagement Ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By sweetnlo Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 12:04pm by BeeBoos-8599_

sweetnlo Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 4

My daughter recently got engaged and I'm making the cake for the party. My daughter asked me to put a diamond ring on the cake.........Help I have no idea where to start ... can anyone help..

3 replies
Rocketgirl899 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 4

there are jewel molds you could cast a sugar or isomalt "diamond" and then make the band out of GP.

Or you can make it all out of GP and cover the band in gold/silver (the really shiny stuff, not luster) and then on the diamond use disco dust!

tinygoose Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 4

I saw a restaurant on foodnetwork a while back that did some sort of sugar cage. Like hot sugar strands over a mold and made a box of sorts. Like they do with croquenbouche spun type sugar. It was cool.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 4

When I did mine I used a floral styrofoam piece that was shaped like a O then I cut the bottom half off and covered it in gum paste, let it dry and painted it with silver I used GP for the setting and a large glass stone from hobby lobby as the stone. I just cut a slit in the fondant and slid it down into the cake so it was sitting in a ring box. The box was of course covered in Tiffany blue fondant. White fondant with super white luster dust made the inside look like satin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%