Help With Decorating!!!!!!!

Decorating By motherof2boys Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 9:20pm by motherof2boys

motherof2boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherof2boys Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 6

I have a cake request that has me not knowing whatelse to do. A 3 tier cake...bottom with be 10in. white fondant with black zebra stripes. Middle tier will be red fondant with the University of Georgia symbol with a small black bow to wrap the bottom of the tier with. The top tier will be 6 in. with white fondant with black diamonds and red circles in between diamonds. I am having a hard time with what to put on the top. She said that she wanted anything up top...her name(which is Kristen) so it is kinda long, either stars or the balls hanging on the wires. I dont know what to do and not make this over kill with the decorations....Can anyone help me please! The girl is going to be 20 so she would like something fun, sassy..you know your typical 20 year old.

By the way, does this cake design sound to much in itself...I'm doing what she wants but havent done diamonds cutouts on a cake before and just wanted opinion.

Thanks for any help!!!

5 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 6

shape name into a tiara?

name on stars (one letter per star)?

motherof2boys Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 6

I have never done a name in the shape of a tiara...do you have instructions on how to do this???

d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 6

I would go with a bulldog...for Georgia

Possibly surround him in ovals, made to look like footballs

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 6

Here's a tutorial for a royal icing tiara. HTH.

http://cakecentral.com/articles/129/how-to-make-a-royal-icing-tiara

motherof2boys Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 9:20pm
post #6 of 6

tried doing the bulldog..couldnt get the wrinkles on the face to work...it was my first time trying to do any kind of figure and I guess the bulldog was a hard one for the first time of trying. I never give up, this was a 1st for me. But it will come in time. Thanks for the idea!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%