Carrot Cake Disaster

Decorating By Bbakescakes Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 12:28pm by Jeff_Arnett

Bbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bbakescakes Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 10

kay...making carrot cake and the whole thing baked up when, I had problems getting the cake out of the pan...the stupid thing broke into pieces and half the cake stayed in the pan. I used oil and flour on the pan the first time and on the second cake same thing happened...but this time I used cake release...HELP....WHAT AM I DOING WRONG....NEED TO GET THE CAKE OUT OF THE PAN TO DECORATE AND NEED SOME IDEAS ON HOW, HAVING A COMPLETE BRAIN "FART" AND CAN'T THINK OF WHAT TO DO NEXT!

9 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 10

If the cake broke into a bunch of pieces, I think you should consider a rebake - unless its just for dessert or something. I use parchement circles on every single cake I make, even the 6" ones. And I spray Pam around the edges. If I even suspect it might stick, I brush crisco and then shake with flour but I don't do this every time. HTH

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 10

I always had problems with my carrot cake too sticking in pan. Someone on cc suggested I use parchment on bottom and have never had a problem again. I don't use parchment on my other cakes and never have a problem. I think it must be the carrots or something. Good luck

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 10

I second using the parchment. I had a heck of a time with carrot cake sticking, too.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 10

lol, sometimes the carrotcake sticks to the parchment paper if I don't take it off quickly enough. My recipe is good but almost looks like a thin layer of jello on at the bottom of the cake.....I think that's the crazy glue syndrome. icon_smile.gif

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 8:28pm
post #6 of 10

I use parchement on EVERY cake... makes cleaning the pan easier too. icon_smile.gif

luminajd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luminajd Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:49pm
post #7 of 10

The ONLY way I can get my carrot cake out of the pan is to spray/grease the heck out of the sides and use parchment or wax paper on the bottom of the pan. Then after it is baked, leave it in the pan for 10 minutes, take out of pan, flip over, and very carefully peel off the wax paper
HTH

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 1:55pm
post #8 of 10

I use cake release and wax paper circles. Never had a problem with that! And, the wax paper is cheaper than parchment too.

geri4292adams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
geri4292adams Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 2:13pm
post #9 of 10

When making a carrot cake, I always use parchment or wax circles. When they're not available, I used a ton of the non stick spray. I've never had a problem.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 12:28pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbakescakes

kay...making carrot cake and the whole thing baked up when, I had problems getting the cake out of the pan...the stupid thing broke into pieces and half the cake stayed in the pan. I used oil and flour on the pan the first time and on the second cake same thing happened...but this time I used cake release...HELP....WHAT AM I DOING WRONG....NEED TO GET THE CAKE OUT OF THE PAN TO DECORATE AND NEED SOME IDEAS ON HOW, HAVING A COMPLETE BRAIN "FART" AND CAN'T THINK OF WHAT TO DO NEXT!

Cakes with a lot of added ingredients like nuts or fruit are notorious for sticking.

Next time, spray the bottom of the pans with PAM, line them with a piece of parchment or waxed paper, then spray the whole pan [you can also just grease and flour, but I prefer using PAM for Baking!].

The cakes will come out easily next time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%