Eggless Chocolate Cupcake Recipe

Baking By SOULLA13 Updated 9 Oct 2009 , 6:40am by auzzi

SOULLA13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SOULLA13 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 2:27pm
post #1 of 4

hi everyone i desperately need a really good chocolate cupcake recipe that is eggless, i have tried a couple of them but the cupcakes just sink. The colour looks good but they are not rising and just sink very low down and basically just dont look good! This is the recipe i have been following:

1 1/2 cup flour
* 1/3 cup cocoa powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 1 cup cold water
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 tsp vinegar

What am i doing wrong???? I tried the recipie the same but for the baking soda i used bicarb of soda was this right or should i have used baking powder???

3 replies
rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 4

baking soda and bicard of soda cause two different chemical reactions so you should of definatly used baking soda.

i use that recipe and it is ok for me. i also add fresh grated chocolate or chocolate chips too. icon_smile.gif

Debs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debs71 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:03am
post #3 of 4

I found this recipe earlier this year and use it all the time. I actually made the whole cake (it was delicious), but this is now my go to recipe for chocolate cake/cupcakes. They rise very nicely and are moist.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Cake-with-Milk-Chocolate-Peanut-Butter-Frosting-and-Peanut-Butter-Brittle-351020

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 9 Oct 2009 , 6:40am
post #4 of 4

Bicarbonate of soda, baking soda, sodium bicarbonate, bicarb soda etc are all the same thing ..

Let's see .. US measurements ..

too much oil - 6 tablespoons is enough

a bit more flour - around 8 oz .. between 1 1/2- 1 2/3 cups

more vinegar - 2 Tbs. - to react with the soda to raise the cake

The batter will be thinner and runnier than normal batter ..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%