Giant Cupcake

Decorating By sparkysgirl55 Updated 22 Sep 2009 , 5:58pm by jlynnw

sparkysgirl55 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a giant cupcake for my friends daughters 1st birthday this coming saturday & need some suggestions.

I am stuck on icing the side & making it look like a cupcake case. I will have no time to get to a shop to buy anything else so i will have to use something in my cupboards. Also no time to buy anything from the net.

Could anyone suggest what to ice it with & also how to make it look like a cupcake case? I thought royal icing on the sides & buttercream frosting for the top iced in stars in light pink & dark pink.

Thanks in advance

4 replies
jlynnw Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 5

You can use a large round tip, only the coupler or a parchment bag with a round cut and pipe a thick line down the sides. leave a small gap and go the whole distance around the liner. Go back over the lines with a second line to give a bit of a crimped edge. Fast and easy. You should have everything in house for that. The top then can be a large star tip or spatula iced top maybe with sprinkles. I will try and post a picture.

GottaLuvCake Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 5

Their are several pics in the gallery

sparkysgirl55 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 5

Hi thanks for your help, would you recommend royal icing for both the piped sides & the piped stars on top?

Or royal icing for the piped sides & buttercream stars on top?

jlynnw Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 5

I really don't use royal icing for cake icing. I use buttercream for most of everything in cake or ganache at room temp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%