Where Can I Find Mascarpone Cheese In Okc ?

Decorating By joaaaann Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 8:10pm by tilly41

joaaaann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joaaaann Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone know where mascarpone cheese is sold in Oklahoma City? I've tried most stores that I assumed would have it but no such luck. I don't want to order online if I don't have to. Any body know?

10 replies
joaaaann Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 11

I am making a cake that calls for mascarpone cheese in the icing and I've never worked with it or even tasted it for that matter. As I understand it, it's a great addition to whipping cream recipies. Sort of like cream cheese, but better. Anyhow I was sure hoping someone would be on here this morning who would know where I can buy some. (?)

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 11

Of course I have no idea where to get it there, but your looking for a white cheese, softer than Philadelphia Cream Cheese, a bit thicker than yoghurt. It should be in a squat round plastic tub.

Should be in the refrigerated section or the Deli of any grocery store.

If you Google it, and go to images, you can see the packaging to look out for.

HTH

joaaaann Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 2:14pm
post #4 of 11

Yea, Australia IS a little far from me icon_rolleyes.gif but at least you gave me an idea of what to expect as far as texture and packaging. Thanks!

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 2:28pm
post #5 of 11

I'm in Tulsa and don't really know what stores you have in OKC but here, Reasor's carries it. It is in the section with speciality cheeses. Also Whole Foods has it.

Bonavolonta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonavolonta Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 11

The Buy For Less on NW Expressway has it in their deli section. It's very pricey, but worth it.

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 3:26pm
post #7 of 11

This is a great tip I learned from allrecipes.com if you can't find marscapone - 1 block cream cheese, 1/4 C cream, 2.5 tbsp sour cream is a good substituteicon_smile.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 11

Im not in OK but TX, i got it at Tom Thumb, do you have them. I would try any of the 'higher' end grocery stores they may carry it. Do you have Central Market or Whole Foods?

sjholderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjholderman Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 5:18pm
post #9 of 11

Not in OK but make sure you're looking in the deli area. Schnucks (which you probably don't have there) has it near their fresh seafood & deli meat area with other gourmet-type cheese & spreads. HTH, I was just in this predicament last week.

micabean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micabean Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 7:57pm
post #10 of 11

It's an Italian cheese. Maybe if you can find a store that carries Italian cheeses you may have some luck

tilly41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tilly41 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 8:10pm
post #11 of 11

I haven't bought any recently, but I'm pretty sure I've purchased mascarpone at Walmart and Giant in the past, if that helps ... at Walmart, I believe it's in the cold case near the produce section, which also houses feta, "fresh" mozzarella, etc. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%