Help! What Can I Use Instead Of Cocoa?

Baking By sugarycreations Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 3:40pm by sugarycreations

sugarycreations Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:17am
post #1 of 6

I have a recipe for a Malted Chocolate Cake that is wonderful. Have made it several times & gets huge reviews. But unbelievably, not everybody likes chocolate. (I have a hard time with this. icon_surprised.gif )

Lately, I've decided that it would probably be awesome with white chocolate. Yum, I can taste it now. It uses various chocolates for the taste & I can easily substitute for all of them but one. Chocolate malt is simple -- just use regular malt. Plain milk instead of chocolate milk is no problem. Melted white chocolate instead of chocolate is a no brainer. HOWEVER, what do I do about the COCOA?

I've debated just using flour instead. BUT I'm wondering if that would dilute the flavor. Am I just unknowledgeable & there's a white chocolate equivalent of cocoa? If so, where would I find it?

All right ladies, as you can see, I'm in need of your collective wisdom.

5 replies
Deb_ Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:24am
post #2 of 6

Check out this white cocoa powder from Ghiradelli

Deb_ Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:27am
post #4 of 6

sorry double post

SugarFrosted Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:28am
post #5 of 6

How much cocoa is needed? There are a lot of flavored powdered coffee creamers available now. Maybe a White Chocolate powdered creamer?

sugarycreations Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 6

Some wonderful suggestions!!! I knew I could count on this gang. thumbs_up.gif

Now to go on the hunt for some of the suggestions & see what I can find. I'll let you know & how it worked out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%