Sugar Free Cream Cheese Icing Disaster..

Decorating By ATL_Cakes Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 5:52pm by ATL_Cakes

ATL_Cakes Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 3

So, I used the sugar free icing recipe off here for a cake that I'm doing for Monday. The cake is the yellow Pillsbury Splenda cake and I used Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding for the layers. I made the cake yesterday afternoon.

I took a look at the cake today, and the top has cracked and turned yellow, ugh. I took off all the icing because it was "rubberish" to the touch. Once I peeled that off, the cake was super moist. I'm going to let it stay in the fridge because the pudding dams are made up of the same icing and I don't want it go bad(it has cream cheese and whipping cream in the icing recipe).

Is there any solution to my super "moist" cake? Or just re-frost it tomorrow and be done with it? Its for a co-worker of mine that has diabetes. That's why I'm using the Splenda and not the traditional BC icing.

Thanks! icon_sad.gif

2 replies
Jeff_Arnett Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 12:48pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Cakes

So, I used the sugar free icing recipe off here for a cake that I'm doing for Monday. The cake is the yellow Pillsbury Splenda cake and I used Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding for the layers. I made the cake yesterday afternoon.

I took a look at the cake today, and the top has cracked and turned yellow, ugh. I took off all the icing because it was "rubberish" to the touch. Once I peeled that off, the cake was super moist. I'm going to let it stay in the fridge because the pudding dams are made up of the same icing and I don't want it go bad(it has cream cheese and whipping cream in the icing recipe).

Is there any solution to my super "moist" cake? Or just re-frost it tomorrow and be done with it? Its for a co-worker of mine that has diabetes. That's why I'm using the Splenda and not the traditional BC icing.

Thanks! icon_sad.gif

You can make a decent icing using a sugar free pudding mix, such as cheesecake or chocolate and 1 1/2 cups whipping cream. Just mix it like you would when making pudding, but be sure to mix on low so that you don't fill it with air bubbles.

It's like a thick mousse but spreads easy and holds up well. This was adapted from a filling recipe a friend gave me.....for the filling use 2 cups whipping cream and a box of regular pudding mix.

ATL_Cakes Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 3

Hi Jeff... After this drama filled day, I did just that. I left out the cream cheese and made the "frosting" just from whipping cream, a box of sugar free jello, 3 Tbs of splenda and 4 Tbs of coco power. It taste awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%