The Neglected Cake

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 12:29am by josumiko

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 3

I feel guilty ... not towards a person, but towards a cake!

I spent an inordinate amount of time this week stressing over a fairy cake I made, as a bajillion things went wrong with it and I was waaaayyyyy frustrated. In the meantime, we have another friend whose teenager was also having a birthday this weekend, and for whom I was going to make a Coach purse cake because she loves that particular purse. I finished them both, but in looking back at them, I feel guilty about how poorly I divided my time between the two cakes. I think the fact that I'm closer to the one family (my friends vs my husband's friends with the other family), and the fact that the fairy cake was for a 6-year-old girl while the other was for a "big girl" contributed to it ... but I felt like I "owed" my other cake more time in the end, good noble little cake that it was.

How crazy is that?

2 replies
d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 12:15am
post #2 of 3

I dont agree with doing it, even though I do it myself. I think we all spend more quality time on cakes for personal friends, when we tend to shrug off the more random cakes.

josumiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josumiko Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 12:29am
post #3 of 3

Sounds like you put more time into the fairy cake because it needed your attention...as you said, a bajillion things went wrong with it. You probably spent less time on the other cake since it didn't have a "bajillion" things wrong with it.
Just MHO from the outside looking in!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%