The Neglected Cake

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 12:29am by josumiko

emiyeric Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 3

I feel guilty ... not towards a person, but towards a cake!

I spent an inordinate amount of time this week stressing over a fairy cake I made, as a bajillion things went wrong with it and I was waaaayyyyy frustrated. In the meantime, we have another friend whose teenager was also having a birthday this weekend, and for whom I was going to make a Coach purse cake because she loves that particular purse. I finished them both, but in looking back at them, I feel guilty about how poorly I divided my time between the two cakes. I think the fact that I'm closer to the one family (my friends vs my husband's friends with the other family), and the fact that the fairy cake was for a 6-year-old girl while the other was for a "big girl" contributed to it ... but I felt like I "owed" my other cake more time in the end, good noble little cake that it was.

How crazy is that?

2 replies
d3sc3n7 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 12:15am
post #2 of 3

I dont agree with doing it, even though I do it myself. I think we all spend more quality time on cakes for personal friends, when we tend to shrug off the more random cakes.

josumiko Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 12:29am
post #3 of 3

Sounds like you put more time into the fairy cake because it needed your you said, a bajillion things went wrong with it. You probably spent less time on the other cake since it didn't have a "bajillion" things wrong with it.
Just MHO from the outside looking in!

Quote by @%username% on %date%