How Much Would You Charge?

Decorating By Briniga Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 12:55am by __Jamie__

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 7

How much would you charge for a purple guitar cake wrapped in fondant, for 35 people? Its gunna look simular to hannah montana's guitar, but not some of the painted on details, just like her name on there.

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 7

$250 before delivery

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 8:50pm
post #3 of 7

for just 35 people?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 9:12pm
post #4 of 7

It's not because it's for 35 people. It's because it's carved, fondant and custom. Not sure about the custom part of hannah montana, but whatever.

I'm doing a pair of Air Jordans as we speak. Wanted it for only 15 people. Told her, it'll end up feeding more than that, but I'm not carving down tennies to fit 15 servings. So, put some away or take it to work. 15, 25, 30 servings, no matter. The $450 price tag remained the same.

__Jamie__ Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 9:13pm
post #5 of 7

And might I add...that's the first and hopefully last pair of tennies I ever do. Dang! Maybe for $800 next time. I doubt I'll get any takers, but that's what it will take to get me to do it! Need nap!!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 12:17am
post #6 of 7

Costumeczarina said something that totally made sense about carved/3D cakes, base it off the work, not the servings. That makes perfect sense. Doing carved cakes is time consuming & nearly impossible to make for exact servings. Think about it, how small would that cake be if you did it for 35 servings?

__Jamie__ Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 12:55am
post #7 of 7

And I wasn't saying about Hannah Montana, just wondering whether there was some sort of cake kit you were using or if it were 100% off the cuff custom. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%