This Cake Needs Something Else...

Decorating By Lovemesomecake Updated 22 Sep 2009 , 1:44am by SugarFiend

Lovemesomecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovemesomecake Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:25pm
post #1 of 7

I feel like this cake is missing something....Any ideas for the top where the shoe is sitting???

BTW its a Cinderella Glass Slipper theme...
LL

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:30pm
post #2 of 7

I think if you move the polka dots up there so the shoe sits on the blue and not on the dots it will work better.

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 7

I think this cake is beautiful! If I added anything else, I might add some wired loops with crystals from the bottom tier. It may help draw your eye from whatever you think is missing from the top. Really, though, I don't think it's missing anything.

kakedreamer1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedreamer1212 Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 7

Beautiful! Not missing a thing.

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:57pm
post #5 of 7

I know what you mean when something feels like its not quite finished. I see in the shoe another color can that be in the cake more. I think the cake is beautiful, but if you feel its missing something than maybe its just that little bit of extra color from the shoe. what you should do with it....i am not sure.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 7

Maybe a tiny jewel in the middle of the roses on the shoe? Just to give it that tiny bit of extra sparkle for the Cinderella shoe theme. But truly, that's only if I'm really trying to come up with something, I think you did a beautiful job!!

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 1:44am
post #7 of 7

Great cake! thumbs_up.gif I agree with K8Memphis... It seems like if the polka dots on top encircled the shoe from a "safe" distance, they would highlight it. As they are under the slipper, they seem to draw attention away from it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%