Best Tasting Fondant

Decorating By reebee Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 1:19am by Kimmers971

reebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reebee Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 4:03am
post #1 of 8

Hey everyone...never done this "forum" thing before...I need to cover a cake with black fondant and I was wondering if anyone has any feedback about the best tasting ones?
Thanks!!!

7 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 11:18am
post #2 of 8

Satin Ice is my favorite because it takes good and it's affordable. Fondx is the other brand that I sometimes use. Fondarific is very good but very expensive.

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 11:39am
post #3 of 8

Cylstrial: Can you get black FondX or are you just talking about fondant in general? (I'd really like to know, as it would make life so much easier.)

reebee: If you're colouring it yourself, it's usually what (powder, gel) and which brand of colour you use that determines the difference.
I added a black powder (supplier brand) to my fondant and it tasted really bitter.

Otherwise, I have been told that Satin Ice's Black Fondant has a vanilla flavour and is very nice.

dnrlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dnrlee Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 11:59am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

is my favorite because it takes good and it's affordable. Fondx is the other brand that I sometimes use. Fondarific is very good but very expensive.

Ditto! I tried to make MMF the other day because I ran out of S.I. and it was a disaster! When I can afford to splurge, I prefer Fondarific icon_biggrin.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:23pm
post #5 of 8

I just discovered Fondx (just $20 per 10 pound bucket at Cake Camp) and it tasted wonderful.

I also suggest you try out Jennifer Dontz's semi homemade fondant. The recipe is on her dvd.

Now I gotta go back to Cake Camp tomorrow to get some more.

reebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reebee Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:13am
post #6 of 8

Wow! Thanks for all your help! I'll have to order it online...I have nowhere local that carries any kind of supplies!
Thanks again!!! icon_smile.gif

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:15am
post #7 of 8

Satin Ice. Love it. Works up well. Tastes good.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:19am
post #8 of 8

I agree, Satin Ice is the best I've used/tasted. And it's affordable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%