Everyone Should Thanks This Person!

Business By cocorum21 Updated 19 Sep 2009 , 5:32am by dandelion56602

cocorum21 Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:36am
post #1 of 16

browsing through craiglist I found this gem of a response to someone asking for "WEDDING HELP"

I'm posting the original message first and then the response by the random sane person on Craigslist

Enjoy!

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/bar/1378859607.html

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/bar/1379417167.html

For the record I did not post that response(although I wish I had)
just in case crazy finds it's way here I would prefer not to get hate mail icon_cool.gif

15 replies
Motta Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:43am
post #2 of 16

That's hilarious!!! I agree, if you can't afford it, don't do it. Wait a year, save your money, whatever. If you're dead set on a stylish wedding you have to pay for it. THAT'S LIFE!

GottaLuvCake Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:43am
post #3 of 16

OMG I LOVE THAT RESPONSE, I didn't even catch the school thing, but i could sense the feel sorry for us (which a lot of people are trying to do in the economy) LOVE IT!!! MADE MY DAY

jammjenks Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:48am
post #4 of 16

I don't know who's more gutsy...the bride or the responder. This made me chuckle.

playingwithsugar Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:48am
post #5 of 16

Someone had better tell them that they need to forget getting married until they stay in school long enough to write sentences with correct grammar and spelling!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:49am
post #6 of 16

I can't afford the car of my dreams .... think I can talk GM into just giving me one?

Dumba$$es.

madgeowens Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:51am
post #7 of 16

She sounds like she is from Jupiter alright, but not Florida. SHe must be going to the school of hard knocks hahaha. what a load of crap. The thing about computers is people can say whatever they want and be as rude as they like and any coward can mouth off. Two things, she is really a knuckelhead and the guy that responded just wanted to mouth off. In my op they should just have a picnic in the back yard after a visit to the JP and have mom bake cupcakes lol. SEE i can mouth off too hahaha

laceycakes Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:56am
post #8 of 16

She must thinks she's Star Jones or something? More toward the 'or something', because Star Jones actually finished school!

Too funny. Thanks for sharing.

indydebi Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 12:56am
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

SEE i can mouth off too hahaha

Gosh, Madge, you say that like it's a BAD thing! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Lenette Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 1:05am
post #10 of 16

Umm, is the point to be married or to have a wedding? Folks have their priorities twisted.

Good for who ever decided to mouth off. I have to wonder how many of these folks want to make a commitment to someone and how many just have this fantasy of a wedding they want to come true.

Kind of sad that they don't see it for what it truly is. The love and commitment you are making is what makes the day special--not all the stuff.

madgeowens Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 1:19am
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

SEE i can mouth off too hahaha

Gosh, Madge, you say that like it's a BAD thing! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

hahahahaha yeah right..at my age its the only dang fun I have

Motta Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 1:53am
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenette

Umm, is the point to be married or to have a wedding? Folks have their priorities twisted.

So true.

But I think this was a scam just to get free stuff. I bet they have more money than they are letting on. They're just trying to find a sucker to give them free stuff.

madgeowens Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 2:22am
post #13 of 16

maybe they are doing this for some dopey class they are taking lol

LaBellaFlor Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 4:07am
post #14 of 16

That was the perfect response. I don't think the girl asking for help was trying to do anything inappropiate, but I think she needed a serious reality check...and she got it.

CambriasCakes Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 5:19am
post #15 of 16

OH SNAP! That was awesome! The nerve of some people. Yeah right she wants to "get her friends and family into whatever it is you offer". The only thing her friends and family are going to remember about the vendors is that they give stuff away for free.

dandelion56602 Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 5:32am
post #16 of 16

My thoughts were along the lines of the person who replied. Still students after 7 yrs? Both of them? Even if they're in med school or law school you'd think they'd have parents who'd foot the bill (I know not everyone has money that goes to law/medical school). But they're not getting married until NEXT year. You have an additional year to save. Live on rice & beans, commute to school together & start flipping burgers baby, deliver newspapers, pizza, sell your clothes, buy your clothes at consignment, etc. Some people KILL me. My brother once worked 3 jobs for about 3 years so my SIL could stay at home. the economy may be tough, but there are all kinds of small businesses around here looking for help. Or better yet, if you can't find a job MOVE. And definitely don't get married if you don't have one. They need to read the stats on divorce & that the #1 fights are over money. Well, madge there's my "mouth off" response icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%