Refund Question

Decorating By KoryAK Updated 12 Dec 2009 , 2:59am by sadsmile

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:01pm
post #31 of 123

To me the idea of making oneself prostrate before the bride to absolve yourself from the sin of making hard earned money producing her cake and the added gall of actually trying to keep most of it is genuinley on my last nerve. In this case for two cakes.

The bride should be thanking her for saving the day.

50% refund is way too much. Kory mighta even settled there depending on what the bride initially said.

Here's what mighta happened--6 mos ago groom is wanting to cancel cake 'cause it cost so much--bride talks him into it--bride designs a tribute to him because he saved her from the embarassment of no cake--Kory slightly missed the mark--bride can now recoup--groom is now finally getting happy about this if he cares at all.

That is pure conjecture on my part.
But why would a bride design her cake after the guys vehicle?

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:07pm
post #32 of 123

I think 200.00 is good. The color isn't wrong, there was just too much of it. The bike falling off could have been because someone bumped the table. How else would someone have been standing "right there" to catch it? If someone hadn't been standing "right there" it probably wouldn't have fallen.

I am a little surprised that the bride....since it was such a big gift to her husband and the pinnacle of the wedding...didn't follow-up at some time before the wedding. Or have one of the two people follow-up? Not that it is her fault that there was too much color, but I question her guilt trip mentality of the whole "gift to my husband" thing.

kakbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakbiz Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:24pm
post #33 of 123

Hear is my thought on the whole situation. It was a terrible mistake which was not the brides fault at all. It seems that the wording on the contract was not clear again not the brides fault. There was no contact with the bride after the initial meeting to discuss the cake even though months had passed. I realize you may not want to eat the cost of this cake but, it may be the best thing for your business to refund her the whole amount. If the bride is happy about how you rectified the situation she will sing your praises to her friends and family even though it was not the cake of her dreams. If she is doesn't like way you handled it she will bad mouth you to all of her friends and family who will also bad mouth you. You may end of losing a lot of business which in the end would probably be more than the amount of her cake. Is there any way you could make her a mini version of the cake she ordered? This way she gets her cake but just a smaller version just a thought.
I really do feel bad that you have to deal with this whole situation and hope everyone is happy with the final out come.

B

yellobutterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yellobutterfly Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:32pm
post #34 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakbiz

Hear is my thought on the whole situation. It was a terrible mistake which was not the brides fault at all. It seems that the wording on the contract was not clear again not the brides fault. There was no contact with the bride after the initial meeting to discuss the cake even though months had passed. I realize you may not want to eat the cost of this cake but, it may be the best thing for your business to refund her the whole amount. If the bride is happy about how you rectified the situation she will sing your praises to her friends and family even though it was not the cake of her dreams. If she is doesn't like way you handled it she will bad mouth you to all of her friends and family who will also bad mouth you. You may end of losing a lot of business which in the end would probably be more than the amount of her cake. Is there any way you could make her a mini version of the cake she ordered? This way she gets her cake but just a smaller version just a thought.
I really do feel bad that you have to deal with this whole situation and hope everyone is happy with the final out come.

B

Seriously? Often when a customer is unhappy they will bad-mouth you regardless of what you do to rectify the situation. Also if given a full-refund she might spread the word to the wrong type of customers - the nutcases who really just want a free cake... A full refund is a little ridiculous, I think the $200 is fine but I also think the bride would prefer it in cash vs. gift certificate (and c'mon, do you really want her to order from you again anyway?) I say give her the $200 cash and good riddance! You went over and above as it is, it's not like she got a crappy cake or a cake wreck, just not what her exact vision was...

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:37pm
post #35 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by K8memphis-

To me the idea of making oneself prostrate before the bride to absolve yourself from the sin of making hard earned money producing her cake and the added gall of actually trying to keep most of it is genuinley on my last nerve. In this case for two cakes.

50% refund is way too much. Kory mighta even settled there depending on what the bride initially said.

Here's what mighta happened--6 mos ago groom is wanting to cancel cake 'cause it cost so much--bride talks him into it--bride designs a tribute to him because he saved her from the embarassment of no cake--Kory slightly missed the mark--bride can now recoup--groom is now finally getting happy about this if he cares at all.

So brides should pay whatever they're charged and be grateful for whatever cake they get? Any cake decorator is being paid for a very specific service, which is to produce the cake they agreed to make for a specific price, at a specific time. It's that simple.

-K8memphis Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:37pm
post #36 of 123

You should probably cover the mortgage for a year and put the first born through college too.
Throw in a trip to Disney and that's my final answer!!!

icon_lol.gif

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:51pm
post #37 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

a) bad situation, well handled by you, KoryAK

b) re -- "elsewhere day after" -- not in this day and age where the wedding is often a mere formality after months or years of "living together" -- which by my generation (at least this is what we were taught and I still believe) is really "living in sin"

c) "it is focal point" -- when will brides learn that the cake is NOT the focal point but a pretty and very temporary decoration???? the focal point should be the commitment to a loving spouse and long life together. further -- yep, it's eye-candy for a few brief moments (really now, who as a guest, except present company, truly pays any long term attention to the cake?? most more interested in other things (gossip, trash talking, the open bar, the cheese plate, etc.) and then it's true "value" is revealed -- how good it tastes. -- we're there to eat it not turn it into a living memorial to the wedding.

d) "in the car" -- can we spell in all caps, bright red flashing neon letters SPOILED ROTTEN!

e) "my gift to my husband" -- when will the Venus side "get it" - the Mars side likes things it can keep as gifts -- just like Venus side likes diamonds! -- tho' give Mars side things like accessories for the bike, tools, tech toys, etc. Yes, the cake is a nice temporary gift -- but that's just it -- it's temporary --- give Mars something that will be there day after day (come on now, remember Mars is the side that will hold on to a fav. t-shirt for 20 years if at all possible!) and further more -- is the best gift of continuing love and understanding -- ::cue Tammy Wynette:: -- that you will Stand By Your Man?

Well said, Doug icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:52pm
post #38 of 123

One thing I've learned is how easy it is to tell someone how to handle a problem when we're not the one with the gut wretching feeling caused by an unhappy customer. Sometimes we need that .... someone who is not emotionally attached to step back and look at it logically and help us see the issue for what it is.

Kory does excellent work and I can imagine that even a last minute cake, like she had to pull off here, was impeccable, while not perfect in the bride's eyes. I think Kory handled it very professionally. I think it's highly possible that even if she offered a 75% refund, the bride would still be unhappy.

Someone mentioned "no meeting to discuss details" since the initial meeting was months before. Huh? icon_confused.gif I meet with brides, I take their order, I send them a copy and I never see them again unless they pay in person. I have never had a need to make a bride take time out of her day to come again for no real reason. She has a copy ... I have a copy. A couple of times I've called the bride because my notes were vague, but that's it.

Kory is the one on the front lines and she's handling it very well. I do not believe this bride will "sing her praises" to her friends even with a full refund. The first clue is how she didnt' even want to face Kory, sitting in the car, wallering in her own pitifulness. This is a drama queen all the way, and she gets more drama by being the victim. Even with a full refund, she'll be a victim.

Kory, I wish I could offer something to make it all better for you. I can imagine how you must feel because of the high standard of quality that you set for yourself. Big hugs to ya, girl!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:53pm
post #39 of 123

to sum up:

was value derived -- yes! cake WAS eaten -- this precludes full refund

was product to spec -- no -- this mandates some gesture of good will

how off spec was product -- debatable as this becomes an exercise in what constitutes the true value of a cake -- the eating only? the seeing only? some mix of the 2? (like who's to blame in a car accident where blame is still proportionally assigned as in NC) in the giving? (HUH -- cake as gift? still a bit clueless on that when from bride to groom or groom to bride)

a cakes MAIN purpose (51% at least) is the eating --- and if one goes by all the broo-ha-ha being raised in the various sheet cake threads -- many customers see cake as only eating. Only in wedding land has there been such an emphasis on the seeing. so if mainly to be eaten -- max refund would be 49% ---

but 49% IMNSHO is still too high. rather taking a cue from other areas of what constitutes a "majority" for what is the "majority" purpose of a cake -- 67% eating and 33% seeing (forget the giving!) -- so 1/3 (33%) refund would be reasonable -- cold hard cash -- toodly bye byes -- don't come near my door again.

-K8memphis Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 2:53pm
post #40 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

Quote:

But why would a bride design her cake after the guys vehicle
?

So brides should pay whatever they're charged and be grateful for whatever cake they get? Any cake decorator is being paid for a very specific service, which is to produce the cake they agreed to make for a specific price, at a specific time. It's that simple.

I perfectly agree with you--what do you mean? What is your point?
She's offered her a $200 product gift. The bride said it can't be made up to her--what's she supposed to do? Eat the cost for both cakes because one detail broke the bride's heart? Kory's not responsible for the bride's state of mind.

My mother gave frequent flyer miles on her guilt trips--I learned from the best and someone else's guilt is not my problem. Bride seems out of touch with reality.

Sure there was a problem but the bride said herself:

Quote:
Quote:

Honestly when I did get to see the cake I cried. There was supposed to be a big unveiling to my husband but it didn't get to happen because the cake was late, and when he did get to see it I had to explain that it was supposed to be the colors of his bike and that the tier fading was supposed to be one fade over the cake because he didn't see it. There is nothing that can be done to go back and change it I understand that but had I known from the beginning that this is how my wedding day was going to turn out I would never have paid for that. I don't mean to attack you, the actual cake tasted great, it just wasn't right in any other way. We paid a lot of money for the cake and paid everything before we got to see the final product because I trusted your bakery, I just wish it would've lived up to the price we paid. I don't know how we can make this right but we are open to any suggestions you may have.

She's got buyer's remorse is all it is. Clearly they over spent on the cake and then there was a design issue too so now she has something to hang her disappointment on.

Kory's making it right.

Doug Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 3:03pm
post #41 of 123

oh -- and least any harbor any delusions that we have to be like business that issue full refund for defective product ---

NO WAY!

---
a car, a toaster, a dress, a house, a tv, a stereo, a ....... -- can always be repaired, remanufactured, refurbished, reconditioned and then RESOLD at the outlet, TJMaxx, Marshalls, the clearance store, ebay, used car lot, etc. etc. usually STILL at a profit even with the "re-" cost added in.

further if I use a product and destroy it in the use -- no business will give me a full refund!

Food MUST be trashed and the entire cost eaten.

Since the cake WAS eaten by the wedding party and guests -- they DID receive and use the product and in the process destroyed the product. ... Kory should NOT have to eat the entire cost of the mistake.

kakbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakbiz Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 3:10pm
post #42 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

Quote:

The bride came in with very specific details. She did not get what she ordered period! Kory even admitted it. I just think if you do not deliver what was ordered you shouldn't get paid its not like she could return it for what she did want.Maybe just maybe the bride loves her husband and wants to do something special for him by having A LAYER of the cake represent something else the groom likes.It is not her fault that the cake tumbled so as far as being thankful the day was saved doesn't have any thing to do with it being the wrong design.
I also do not think giving a full refund will bring in people wanting to get free cakes. This is what contracts are for. especially when you have the buyer initial the contact saying yes I understand this is what I will be getting.

indydebi Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 3:16pm
post #43 of 123
Quote:

I also do not think giving a full refund will bring in people wanting to get free cakes.

Oh boy, what planet have you been living on? icon_eek.gif

Dont' you kid yourself! Word spreads fast with comments such as "Psst!! Let me tell you how it works. All you have to do is go back and cry about how it ruined your day and you'll get your money back! She does that all the time!" Unfortunately I know a lot of people who live their lives trying to get something for nothing. My favorite aunt, who is in her 80's now, is famous in our family for the freebies she has gotten her entire life just by being a PITA. And I've spent most of my life listening to her educate people on how to get the freebies.

Dont' start out with rose colored glasses.

Doug Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 3:24pm
post #44 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

I also do not think giving a full refund will bring in people wanting to get free cakes.

Oh boy, what planet have you been living on? icon_eek.gif

Dont' you kid yourself! Word spreads fast with comments such as "Psst!! Let me tell you how it works. All you have to do is go back and cry about how it ruined your day and you'll get your money back! She does that all the time!" Unfortunately I know a lot of people who live their lives trying to get something for nothing. My favorite aunt, who is in her 80's now, is famous in our family for the freebies she has gotten her entire life just by being a PITA. And I've spent most of my life listening to her educate people on how to get the freebies.

Dont' start out with rose colored glasses.

why just last night at the football concession stand ---

her: I want my money back --- this Snickers bar (now half-eaten) is too SALTY -- and it's expired -- see the 3 on it!

me: no, it's not expired -- that's a manufacturing code not an expiration date. I just bought those fresh as Sam's 2 weeks ago.

her: well it's too salty and I want my dollar back

me: no -- you ate it. No refund.

her: <broken record>

me: beep this is a recording

her <broken record>

me: do I have to get an officer to remove you?

her: walks off in a huff

----

yep -- they will try to have their cake money and yet eat the cake too

-K8memphis Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 3:25pm
post #45 of 123

I think she got very close to what she ordered--though yes you're right not exactly. Kory did that design on each tier instead of once on the whole cake--it's not like she got a fountain cake or something with sweet peas.

There was drama and trama brewing behind the scenes with this cake--trust me.

We had a lady cry over her Barney cake once--it was actually the funniest thing--I mean the color was wrong to her and she cried. Weddings are more intense I'll grant you but crying over a cake at your wedding indicates some underlying history there. There's some background in the background.

Y'know if you're the type to pay for the trip Disney to make up for all of life's injustices in one fell swoop go for it. Me, I err on the side of taking care of K8t. Nobody else will if I don't. And I'm not saying I'd screw anyone--I apologize & try & make it up when I suck but I'm not laying myself out for an early autopsy either based on somebody else's dubious emotional condition.

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 3:44pm
post #46 of 123

Okay, I'm not trying to start anything, but I know it probably will and I know I am also a new person, so it will seem strange me saying this, but here goes.

Most of the people that are saying give full refund or give huge refund, seem like they are newer people here. Do these people own business or just hobby bake? If you were running a business do you really think you would give a full refund for a small mistake like that? Come on, I don't even run a business, but I know that's not how it works.

I also live in Anchorage. I have been to Kory's store and talked with her. She is a very sweet and honest person. I think what she has done is commendable. She is trying to make her mistake right and I think she is a class act for how calm she is taking all of this.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:03pm
post #47 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskahsm

Okay, I'm not trying to start anything, but I know it probably will and I know I am also a new person, so it will seem strange me saying this, but here goes.

Most of the people that are saying give full refund or give huge refund, seem like they are newer people here. Do these people own business or just hobby bake? If you were running a business do you really think you would give a full refund for a small mistake like that? Come on, I don't even run a business, but I know that's not how it works.

I have been waching this post, for a while, and was not going to comment, but I agree with you 100%, and I am an hobby baker. People don't know or don't want to know until the shoes are on their foot.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 4:33pm
post #48 of 123

Well, I am going to put mine in too...

The colors were right. Not faded properly, but right. It was yummy. I don't understand how the late delivery was a factor, if they were still in the ceremony while it was being delivered, instead of having a massive unveiling. But I'm blonde. Or mostly, anyway. I think a $200 GC is more than enough compensation. You are a class-act, girl!

Clovers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Clovers Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 5:42pm
post #49 of 123

Sorry I'm just trying to get the idea of the cake right in my head..

So for argument's sake let's assume it's a three tier.. the bride wanted the bottom black fading into blue going up the cake so that the top tier was essentially a blue fade to white? and Kory just did the fade each time for each tier?

So she's crying because she actually got a variation of the actual design? Essentially, three times the design itself?

That's hardly enough to cry about that it ruined everything for her. I mean, if it was basically the design she wanted just on a smaller per tier scale, what kind of husband wouldn't be able to recognize that if it's mimicing the bike design with the bike trinket on top? She still had to explain it to him?! pleease. Maybe she's just mad because she thought he was going to get it and think it was soooo coool of his new wife, and he didn't and now she's mad at the 'waste' of a surprise that failed and voila, I'll just complain and get the money back.

Besides, even if the tiers were done differently, everything else she planned around it, so she says would still go with it. It's not like kory did it in green!

indydebi Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 6:08pm
post #50 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovers

..... what kind of husband wouldn't be able to recognize that if it's mimicing the bike design with the bike trinket on top? She still had to explain it to him?! pleease. Maybe she's just mad because she thought he was going to get it and think it was soooo coool of his new wife, and he didn't and now she's mad at the 'waste' of a surprise that failed and voila, I'll just complain and get the money back.

You know, I thought this same thing ..... she had to EXPLAIN it??? icon_eek.gif And I think it was less of a "waste of a surprise" and more of "He didnt' get down on his knees and tell me how great I am!" icon_eek.gif

Like I said earlier ... total drama queen; has to be the center of attention; no matter what it takes to be the center of attention; even if it takes being a "victim" by having a cake that "ruined" her "entire" wedding.

I'm starting to really feel sorry for the groom.

KimLynnC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimLynnC Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 6:24pm
post #51 of 123

I just don't agree with those who are shrugging off the wedding details as not being that important. Yes, the goal of the wedding is marriage, but if it wasn't about all the details and having your perfect day then people would just go to the courthouse and not dish out thousands of dollars for the wedding.

I don't neccesarily think the bride is out of line for complaining about the cake, she paid a steep price and it wasn't what she ordered. And who cares if the cake was a surprise for the groom it's her wedding and she was willing to pay for it.

I think it is great that you are willing to work with her to compensate. But I would give her cash and not a certificate.

Doug Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 6:31pm
post #52 of 123
Quote:
Quote:

... don't agree with those who are shrugging off the wedding details as not being that important. ...

not saying "not important"

saying -- priorities seriously out of whack.

-----

personal illustration:

I direct theatre.

I want every show P E R F E C T ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

DID YOU HERE THAT ??

P E R F E C T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now who am I kidding!

ME and only ME

taint gonna happen!

I have to accept that it will be "close enough"
that some details will go by the way side
that things will (oh boy do they!) go wrong
and that audience will most likely never ever know (even the time the set fell over right in the middle of the show they thought it was a part of the show and didn't see the multiple heart/panic attacks backstage!)

----

no one is arguing that something needs to be done to "get right" with the bride.

----

just that the bride is in serious need of an attitude adjustment or else all the rest of her life will be spent in one pout after another.

Clovers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Clovers Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 6:34pm
post #53 of 123

Yup. What Doug said.

Sure, there was definitely a screw up and something should be done to rectify it.. but at the end of the day, if more people understood that you are getting married so that you have a MARRIAGE in the end and not just a WEDDING, people would be a lot happier, married longer and you wouldn't find cake decorators stuck in positions like this when spoiled bridezillas pout til they get their way.

indydebi Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 6:36pm
post #54 of 123

Kim, I don't think the bride is out of line to complain, and I would venture to say that Kory doesn't think she's out of line either.

What I have an issue with is the whole drama thing the bride is pulling. She's "too upset" to come in the shop to talk to Kory so she sits in the car? Oh pul-lease!

The bride said:

Quote:
Quote:

Looking back on my wedding day that should be the happiest day of my life all I can remember is how nothing went right because my main focus point was so wrong.

NOTHING went right because the cake was the wrong color scheme? Give me a freakin' break!

Quote:
Quote:

... had I known from the beginning that this is how my wedding day was going to turn out I would never have paid for that

So her ENTIRE wedding DAY turned out bad because the color scheme on the cake, that she said tasted great, wasn't quite right? Oh come on!

I dont' dispute the bride's position to discuss the problem. But to turn it into this big drama just so all of her friends can pat her on the head and go "there there, honey!" She IS getting what she wanted .... she gets to be the center of attention in her big drama.

This can just as easily be resolved without all of the theatrics.

Doug Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 6:42pm
post #55 of 123

hmmm....

wedding is supposed to be "happiest day of my life"

ok...so giving birth to your child is ??????????

seeing that child grow up is??????

oh PUHLEEZE -- it's one stinkin' day -- not the be all end all of your personal private universe!

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 6:50pm
post #56 of 123

Well, to be honest, my wedding day WAS the happiest, and I have 2 kids. I remember what the birthing process was like!!!!! UGH!!!! and the whole terrible twos and pre-teen are kicking in around here, and it's not pretty either!
But really I have to agree, she is a bit Whackadoodle.

indydebi Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 6:52pm
post #57 of 123

To add to Doug's observation, I'd heard many many years ago that to refer to a wedding day as "the biggest day of a woman's life" is saying that she has nothing to look forward to. This is it. Downhill from there. She has nothing else to contribute in her lifetime. Zip. Nada.

As Doug points out, this is so not true.

Doug Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 6:54pm
post #58 of 123

to designate ONE particular day as SUPPOSED TO BE -- HAS TO BE

THE ! ! ! ! ! !

HAPPIEST ! ! ! ! !

DAY ! ! ! ! ! !

of

MY ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

LIFE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! (yes the whole ENTIRE ! ! ! ! life!)

is

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

misguided

and cutting off all possibilities of surprising joys and happiness in other places and times

not to mention

SOOOOOOOOOOO

setting self up for disappoint if even one little iota of a thing goes wrong.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 7:15pm
post #59 of 123

I have read this whole topic and I do feel the bride had a right to complain and Kory had certainly done the right thing in how she has handled the problem. By admitting she made the error on the effect and offering the Gift Certificate since she is not sure of what the bride wants she has opened the lines of communication open even more. This offer will allow the bride to think it over and decide if the amount is enough and if she would prefer cash or the certificate. No matter what she does, in the bride's mind Kory "ruined" her wedding and she will bad mouth her to everyone that will listen. icon_twisted.gif Kory did what she needed to do to make the wedding pleasurable for this girl and with the exception of the fading (which the groom didn't understand anyway) she succeeded. I believe she is handling this like a true professional and for you newbies (those that do not have a business) unless you have walked in her shoes, you should not put out the nails for her to walk on. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif
evelyn

dkltll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dkltll Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 7:30pm
post #60 of 123

Okay, I'm pretty new here & wasn't going to comment but feel I must! I am not a professional baker so have no opinion on what refund is or is not appropriate. However, after looking at Kory's other cakes & her website I just can't understand how the cake was a total loss! It seems to me that even a screwed up cake (& this doesn't sound like it to me) by Kory would be a beautiful cake. I am sure that she will handle it w/ style & grace.
JMHO

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%