Talented Members!

Decorating By BeesKnees578 Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 7:40pm by RobzC8kz

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 12:31am
post #31 of 37

I am so addicted to this site that my hubby took me shopping today to buy me my own lap top so that I would get off the computer so that he can use it!!!! I also am on this site whenever I can sneak a peak at work. I can sit for hours just looking at all of those beautiful cakes and just read and soak up all of that info and ideas. Time just flies................

This place is fantastic and I have learned so much about cake decorating that I could write my own how to book. When I posted my last several cake and they made it in the top most saved photos I was so excited. I owe it all to CC and all of you who give of your time and talent and share this valuable information with novice cake decorators like me.

My family and friends are so impressed with my simple cakes and they "ain't seen nothin" - they should see what is on this site - now that's impressive!!!

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 12:48am
post #32 of 37

I LOVE CC!!!!!

makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 12:54am
post #33 of 37

I love this site too. I remember when I got on here and saw the "Warning! This website is highly addictive" I thought, "whatever"--- it couldn't have been a more appropriate sign! I've been on here ever since! The imagination of others never ceases to amaze me. I keep hoping it will rub off! Someone asked me the other day if I watched some of the cake shows on tv--- their talent doesn't hold a candle to some of the members on this site. We are so blessed to have it!

threeforhim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threeforhim Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:19am
post #34 of 37

OK, I have two things to say on this thread.

1. I love this site and have learned so much. I took Course 1 and 2 of the Wilton classes. My instructor isn't bound to only teach the Wilton way so she has given us many recipes and ideas. I had been waiting for course 3 and it just wasn't happening. She was willing to teach me over the summer. She suggested I buy a bag of fondant just to play with and get the feel for prior to any class and even to look online for a marshmallow fondant recipe. I did both and the recipe came from this site. I was hooked right from the beginning. I started getting more brave with my cakes over time and have learned so much from this site! I kept in touch with my instructor and emailed her pictures of cakes I was proud of. So, now I am helping her teach course 1 and 2 and she said at some point in the future there might be 2 sessions of each she'd teach 1 night each week, I'd teach the same course another night. She also said she might take a year off, then I could teach them (ok, this is a huge compliment). Then I mentioned course 3 coming up and that I'd never had it, so I reminded her that Iwas going to be a student, not a helper, she said I didn't need the course and oh yes I was going to be a helper because she needed me and I could learn as we went along. icon_biggrin.gif Again, huge compliment.

The second thing, not so long is this. I'd been reading about freezing cakes. About a month ago I had several cakes to make but wound up with enought batter each time for an extra layer. I just put them in freezer bags and into the freezer. Then I began reading about them absorbing flavors and smells and they might not be very good. So, I got them out and put 3 layers together for that redskin cake I made that is in my pictures. The layers were WASC and pound cake. I thawed on the counter in the bag, then removed and iced and decorated w/buttercream. One of the ladies I work with is very critical of all the cakes I've taken to work - literally all of them though she knows nothing about decorating cakes. When I took this cake she said it was probably the most moist cake she'd ever eaten icon_surprised.gif Seriously? Seriously. I didn't dare tell her they'd been in the freezer for a month! icon_wink.gif

threeforhim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threeforhim Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:20am
post #35 of 37

OK, I have two things to say on this thread.

1. I love this site and have learned so much. I took Course 1 and 2 of the Wilton classes. My instructor isn't bound to only teach the Wilton way so she has given us many recipes and ideas. I had been waiting for course 3 and it just wasn't happening. She was willing to teach me over the summer. She suggested I buy a bag of fondant just to play with and get the feel for prior to any class and even to look online for a marshmallow fondant recipe. I did both and the recipe came from this site. I was hooked right from the beginning. I started getting more brave with my cakes over time and have learned so much from this site! I kept in touch with my instructor and emailed her pictures of cakes I was proud of. So, now I am helping her teach course 1 and 2 and she said at some point in the future there might be 2 sessions of each she'd teach 1 night each week, I'd teach the same course another night. She also said she might take a year off, then I could teach them (ok, this is a huge compliment). Then I mentioned course 3 coming up and that I'd never had it, so I reminded her that Iwas going to be a student, not a helper, she said I didn't need the course and oh yes I was going to be a helper because she needed me and I could learn as we went along. icon_biggrin.gif Again, huge compliment.

The second thing, not so long is this. I'd been reading about freezing cakes. About a month ago I had several cakes to make but wound up with enought batter each time for an extra layer. I just put them in freezer bags and into the freezer. Then I began reading about them absorbing flavors and smells and they might not be very good. So, I got them out and put 3 layers together for that redskin cake I made that is in my pictures. The layers were WASC and pound cake. I thawed on the counter in the bag, then removed and iced and decorated w/buttercream. One of the ladies I work with is very critical of all the cakes I've taken to work - literally all of them though she knows nothing about decorating cakes. When I took this cake she said it was probably the most moist cake she'd ever eaten icon_surprised.gif Seriously? Seriously. I didn't dare tell her they'd been in the freezer for a month! icon_wink.gif

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 6:39pm
post #36 of 37

I also agree this site has the best and most amazing members of any cake site out there - periodicon_smile.gif I LOVE how generous everyone is with the opinions, techniques, and helpful tips - and the best part is getting cake decorating ideas by looking at the outstanding cakes posted daily by everyone. I don't care whether they are amateur or pro cakes - everyone has something to contribute and that's what makes this site so special - it's not a "professional members only" clubicon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif Thanks cc and all cc membersicon_smile.gif

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 7:40pm
post #37 of 37

I know for a fact that my skills have improved dramatically since joining CC!! I love this site, I love the feedback, I love talking to and sharing ideas with my fellow CC'ers! I get great inspiration daily from the posts in the forums, the pictures posted in the galleries, and from reading everyone's "Hey...that's happened to ME too!" stories!

Great job to everyone! A lot of very talented people here!

I'm sure one day I'll be employed in this industry full time, and when I am, I know I'll still be addicted to Cake Central!

Rob

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%